Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

quezd
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Jaylen_Favors

Los Santos County Jail.

Post by quezd » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 pm

This is a idea we should implement if you are trying to pursue the realistic side of roleplaying. I brought it to General Discussion, because me and few friends of mine were thinking about coming up with an idea of a County Jail being made. In real life, you are processed from the County Jail to Prison. You get served amount of years, time, etc. Then sent up to the Prison.

I feel like the idea should be implemented due to the fact, when you are arrested on here, immediately you are sent up-state to SACF. Don't you think, it would be more realistic to go through the county? I know this will take time, county system would have to be made. Etc, but it's just up in the air for now. Looking for some responses, and to see what people honestly think.

Plus, it would enhance more roleplay. Not only a benefit to the server, but for the gang roleplayers as well. LA County, from the stories I've heard. No personal experience myself, but it enhances the gangbanging aspect of the server. Thoughts below please.
Died with his gun, yo nigga bought it just to boost with it. He thought it was a game, till they found out that we shoot niggas. Bounce up yo' cut, peek-a-boo- nigga. New niggas? What? Hell naw, we don't recruit niggas.

X51Nevada
Mafia
Mafia

Re: Los Santos County Jail.

Post by X51Nevada » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Well, the thing is they'll say there aren't even enough members in the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, however; that's an invalid argument, to begin with. If numbers mattered, how come SADCR isn't very active on a daily basis? If you are lucky you see 4-6 DCR CO's, if you aren't lucky, you see 0-1, on top of that? Don't make enemies with DCR CO's on any of your characters. They'll try to fuck you over as they've done to me!

Also, they'll say it takes time factions don't have because not only does it take SADCR to run such a facility like SACDR. But it takes the police department or something to transfer suspects to the courthouse, then back to the county jail, where they'll be sent to prison or released. Even though county jails have their own officers/supervisors in the jails, who work on housing the city jail inmates. So that in itself could be its own faction but I am certain that most people in SADCR/PD/SD are going to disagree with you on this subject and say it takes people we don't have to run it.

Arrdef
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Galen_Greenfield

Post by Arrdef » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am

People don't oppose the idea of a county jail just because they're evil masterminds out for some sort of conspiration. The major and as of yet never addressed issues with it are twofold:

One, it would essentially split the prison population, negatively affecting all aspects of activity both for legal and illegal roleplayers.
Two, the idea assumes a justice system able to arraign and sentence prisoners fast and reliably.

As for the "amount of people to run it" scenario; if there was such a high interest in roleplaying correctional or detention officers, SADCR would have 60 members, not 30. The faction isn't some sort of shit-hole. It's a very thoroughly built faction with the most interactive academy on the server, several advanced courses that are just as well done, some of the most skilled illegal roleplayers in its primary area of roleplay, and the least amount of OOC complications (very little "drama", for instance) to one's "career" in it.

Correctional officers holding a grudge against difficult inmates shouldn't surprise anyone; it's exactly what happens in real prisons. Do you honestly expect COs to come wake you up each morning with a handshake and warm chocolate if you bother them all day?

Considering all of what I said, I do have doubts on how viable another facility would be. I strongly advise people who are serious about furthering correctional roleplay to join SADCR if they haven't, though.

William_Sou
Bushido

Post by William_Sou » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 am

county jails are handled by the sherrifs departments have the lssd create a subdivision that handles it

it doesnt split the prison population at all its just a house for "new arrivals" until theyre transported to the main facility
PUBG + PS4? HMU

Quixotic
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Eric_Koch

Post by Quixotic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:58 am

County jails would realistically be ran by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, not the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. That's how it's done IRL. While I'm all for it, practically speaking I don't know how feasible this would be for many of the points Arrdef brought up.

There's a lot of factors that need to be considered: what if the LSSD don't want to handle it? SADCR's activity is unpredictable and unreliable — there won't always be CO's on. What if someone is stuck in county jail for hours waiting to be transported to SACF? That would suck. Additionally, I assume many people join the LSSD because they want to role-play patrol deputies, not custody deputies in detention centres. I think this would also remove some of the interest from SADCR.

Something similar was also brought up in a suggestion last month which is worth reviewing that can help fill in the gap:

https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f=1563&t=704491
correctional sergeant eric koch, fire battalion chief gerald durant

X51Nevada
Mafia
Mafia

Post by X51Nevada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 am

Arrdef wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am
People don't oppose the idea of a county jail just because they're evil masterminds out for some sort of conspiration. The major and as of yet never addressed issues with it are twofold:

One, it would essentially split the prison population, negatively affecting all aspects of activity both for legal and illegal roleplayers.
Two, the idea assumes a justice system able to arraign and sentence prisoners fast and reliably.

As for the "amount of people to run it" scenario; if there was such a high interest in roleplaying correctional or detention officers, SADCR would have 60 members, not 30. The faction isn't some sort of shit-hole. It's a very thoroughly built faction with the most interactive academy on the server, several advanced courses that are just as well done, some of the most skilled illegal roleplayers in its primary area of roleplay, and the least amount of OOC complications (very little "drama", for instance) to one's "career" in it.

Correctional officers holding a grudge against difficult inmates shouldn't surprise anyone; it's exactly what happens in real prisons. Do you honestly expect COs to come wake you up each morning with a handshake and warm chocolate if you bother them all day?

Considering all of what I said, I do have doubts on how viable another facility would be. I strongly advise people who are serious about furthering correctional roleplay to join SADCR if they haven't, though.
No, I expect CO's not to mix IC/OOC because they don't want to role-play with me, don't role-play with me, let me role-play with other inmates.

Arrdef
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Galen_Greenfield

Post by Arrdef » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 am

William_Sou wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 am
county jails are handled by the sherrifs departments have the lssd create a subdivision that handles it

it doesnt split the prison population at all its just a house for "new arrivals" until theyre transported to the main facility
Jails aren't just pit stops for prisoners. In most jurisdictions, they're for housing prisoners pending trial (this can take months) or housing prisoners convicted of certain crimes (which exactly varies depending on the place and has a laundry list of caveats). In many places, county jails also have contracts with a state or federal authority (BOP) to house their prisoners.

I initially thought the suggestion was about an actual jail that would house people pending trials and such, as explained above.

Otherwise, I don't see much point in creating an entire sub-faction and area for something that's just a pit stop on the way to SACF. It would just isolate players until they get to the actual facility, and turn something that takes 1 transport into something that takes 2.
Very few people would take the time and effort to properly set up an agency or division to deal with something so inconsequential, which means the execution is likely to be subpar (SADCR cannot realistically do it, SACF is plenty enough to handle).

quezd
Mafia
Mafia

Post by quezd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 am

You guys are overthinking the situation wayyyy to much, lol. The whole purpose of this was a suggestion,and to be in the air. I'm pretty sure some people on the topic caught my drift, like Arrdef which is referring to some people being in County Jail facing trials until being convincted. Just bringing a realistic aspect to the roleplay.

This would bring more roleplay into the server imo. I'm enjoying the thoughts, and suggestions.
Died with his gun, yo nigga bought it just to boost with it. He thought it was a game, till they found out that we shoot niggas. Bounce up yo' cut, peek-a-boo- nigga. New niggas? What? Hell naw, we don't recruit niggas.

William_Sou
Bushido

Post by William_Sou » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm

san andreas is a police state we dont do trials unless koreyy is online if u want ppl to be in county jail "pending trial" then you'll have ppl involuntarily spending 1-2 minimum weeks in jail waiting 4 a judge to log on lol im sure ppl would be interested in joining the subdivision and just focus on transporting inmates u have that 1 callsign after all where ppl just handle suspect transports ur taking OPs suggestion way out of proportion and thats just gonna raise flags n questions
PUBG + PS4? HMU

quezd
Mafia
Mafia

Post by quezd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:05 pm

William_Sou wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm
san andreas is a police state we dont do trials unless koreyy is online if u want ppl to be in county jail "pending trial" then you'll have ppl involuntarily spending 1-2 minimum weeks in jail waiting 4 a judge to log on lol im sure ppl would be interested in joining the subdivision and just focus on transporting inmates u have that 1 callsign after all where ppl just handle suspect transports ur taking OPs suggestion way out of proportion and thats just gonna raise flags n questions
Doesn't have to be that period of time for a judge to log on. Lol.

LordCumiRing
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by LordCumiRing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:40 am

I'm not sure if people want to roleplay this but this is quite interesting tho. The problem is the human resources who run the facility. We rarely see COs in SACF, what would it be in county jail?

X51Nevada
Mafia
Mafia

Post by X51Nevada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Well not sure about who'd work in the jail and run it nor if this will ever happen however I know this will never be considered as a suggestion because it's in general discussions. Secondly, I know that the judge thing isn't a problem @Koreyy hooked me up with a trial last night after I crashed into a cop.

@ The People v. Rosetta Santoro

quezd
Mafia
Mafia

Post by quezd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm

X51Nevada wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 pm
Well not sure about who'd work in the jail and run it nor if this will ever happen however I know this will never be considered as a suggestion because it's in general discussions. Secondly, I know that the judge thing isn't a problem @Koreyy hooked me up with a trial last night after I crashed into a cop.

@ The People v. Rosetta Santoro
Once again, it's a thought in the air first before it actually turns into a suggestion.

Timothy_Alger
A Tradition of Service

Post by Timothy_Alger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm

This is an unnecessary and complex system which we really don't need. It's going to divide the inmate population. We already have county jails for people who commit misdemeanors and I can tell you that 90 percent of them AFK in their cells. We don't have full trials frequently and when we do, they are on the forums and the process is very, very long. What's the point of having someone in a cell for 3 or 4 months? I doubt people would like that.

Activity in SACF is already low. Why have arrestees in two facilities and limit their RP opportunities when they can all be in prison and have the ability to create numerous and interesting RP scenarios? It's known fact that most people don't RP realistically in prison either.

Sure, it's realistic. However, is it feasible? No. We need to keep in mind that not everything that is realistic is going to work on this server and that's simply because it's a videogame.

X51Nevada
Mafia
Mafia

Post by X51Nevada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Timothy_Alger wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm
This is an unnecessary and complex system which we really don't need. It's going to divide the inmate population. We already have county jails for people who commit misdemeanors and I can tell you that 90 percent of them AFK in their cells. We don't have full trials frequently and when we do, they are on the forums and the process is very, very long. What's the point of having someone in a cell for 3 or 4 months? I doubt people would like that.

Activity in SACF is already low. Why have arrestees in two facilities and limit their RP opportunities when they can all be in prison and have the ability to create numerous and interesting RP scenarios? It's known fact that most people don't RP realistically in prison either.

Sure, it's realistic. However, is it feasible? No. We need to keep in mind that not everything that is realistic is going to work on this server and that's simply because it's a videogame.
People have to AFK in their cells in a jail. There is no one to RP with there, the cops don't stick around to RP.

Return to “General Discussions”