Silver Member
Ingame name: Nicholas Nguyen

Re: Achilles heel of illegal faction structure:

Post by F0r3v3r » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Facts wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:06 am
F0r3v3r wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:56 pm
lmfao I have no clue where is the part of "no weapons for outsiders is allowed now" invalid in LSRP right now? Gangs still hold a strict ruleset for guns IC and if you are a kid caught with a gun in your pocket, you are going to get it snatched. Could easily get kicked for it too if you push development like that. That's obviously still a reason people get kicked, so I do not see where you are aiming.
That is not true. Majority of Gangs from LA don't have rules stating that their younger generation or "outsider" members cannot carry guns. That is highly unlikely and unrealistic, I don't understand why gangs on LS would even implement this type of "rule" or where it came from. If that gang was a homegrown gang such as Kilo Block, etc then that would be understandable to a certain extent since the gang isn't derived from an already existing entity from the gang world, and of course-- it is fictional.

I also think that some faction leaders should make more extensive research on the gangs they are trying to portray, its definitely not impossible to do so-- especially in 2019. It is very easy to get a gun in America, especially for minorities growing up in a rough environment. But of course, majority of you wouldn't know because you are not from there.

There shouldn't be a such thing as "develop crime while you age". Lol? It's many young members in gangs who been doing dirt at a young age, and its been happening since the 70s. Many of you tend to forget that a lot of gangs in LA were formed by adolescents. People getting kicked out of gangs on LS because of carrying a gun just adds to the joke on how some gangs are being portrayed on this game. I'm not coming off as bashful or anything, but its all about who knows who. Also to point: most of the rules on the streets are played by game (a lot of people role playing in gangs don't even know what that is). The game stays the same, but each generation adds a different spice to it. There are people on LS that still think the majority of Crips and the Bloods sets have a hierarchy that give off rank promotions like the military, for example blood ranks: YG > OYG > OG (you lead the gang faceass). But in reality, it's different generations. Some generations on top of that have family members such as their grandkids or kids who are in gangs and tend to carry based on what they are taught.
I do not necessarily hate the fact outsiders couldn't carry. The thing is, development is still a major key for RP and if somebody comes around your block and carries a tec-9 on them on their first day out, isn't that unrealistic and rushed? I get your idea, though. Outsiders have been given the opportunity, to at least obtain a permission to carry, aka a blessing from a OG. It used to be like that in Los Cycos and from what I've experienced, has not changed every since and exists to this vary day. I mean, I get you, though, but on an IC note, having everyone strap up in your gang, outsider or not, doesn't make sense. The problem here is, that if there are more guns on the streets, the police have more people to search, hence there will be more frequent raids and more frequent heat on the hood. Also, if you give a twelve year old a gun, what will he do with it? I am not saying everyone does that, but most would in real life probably do something outstandingly stupid and bring more and more heat to their neighborhood and they, for most factors, could turn snitch after they're busted for gun charges.

Wurm
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Wurm » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm

we dont want shit like this^ period.

Facts
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Facts » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm

F0r3v3r wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:06 pm
I do not necessarily hate the fact outsiders couldn't carry. The thing is, development is still a major key for RP and if somebody comes around your block and carries a tec-9 on them on their first day out, isn't that unrealistic and rushed?
If someone unknown blatantly walks on a gang affiliated block and whips out a Tec-9, either two things going to happen: he gets shot being mistaken for an opp or gets it taken. It also depends from a certain perspective how that person goes about having the gun. However, if people know that individual as a local, gang members could also go that same route or take advantage of that individual depending on certain circumstances or just let that person rock (go with the flow). But to bar people from having guns in game based on made up ideologies on how its rushed? That's completely OOC.

For example:
Wurm wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm
Like, what? That entire scenario was completely socially awkward :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way you see development isn't the same as everyone and shouldn't be the same.
F0r3v3r wrote:
I get your idea, though. Outsiders have been given the opportunity, to at least obtain a permission to carry, aka a blessing from a OG. It used to be like that in Los Cycos and from what I've experienced, has not changed every since and exists to this vary day. I mean, I get you, though, but on an IC note, having everyone strap up in your gang, outsider or not, doesn't make sense.
Many people in non rural high crime areas around America carry guns for the sole purpose of protection, whether they are in gangs or not. If you live in area where you have to look behind your back every minute or feel uncomfortable then yeah, its highly likely. A lot of times, people wouldn't even know that they have a gun until things get real. Having majority or everyone strapped in a gang, isn't uncommon at all. Matter fact, it is encouraged. In terms of "OGs", many gangs today are watered down with their structure. Many gangs in real life live by the code of the streets, which means that the streets have no love for anybody. It really depends on the individual too that carries the title "OG". Original Gangsters is a title for a gang member that was in the gang a few generations before. It's understandable for them to tell younger members not to live by the gun because in their era, guns weren't widely used. Where are ya'll getting these terms from also? "Blessings", the original Crips and Bloods from my POV didn't need "blessings" to carry guns. They only regulated the use of it if they felt that it was making the block too hot.

F0r3v3r wrote:
The problem here is, that if there are more guns on the streets, the police have more people to search, hence there will be more frequent raids and more frequent heat on the hood. Also, if you give a twelve year old a gun, what will he do with it? I am not saying everyone does that, but most would in real life probably do something outstandingly stupid and bring more and more heat to their neighborhood and they, for most factors, could turn snitch after they're busted for gun charges.
Do you really think gang members care about that shit? The Avalon Gangster Crips for example had many gang inductions, and many of their members still walk around with their guns exposed to this very day. On top of that, twelve year olds don't magically obtain carrying a gun. This has been a common thing for older members of a gang to lead the youth astray into the gang life at ages as young as 8 or even younger. If you watch any old documentaries, biographies and/or make extensive research, it'll tell you yourself. Some schools even catch twelve year olds with straps in their lunch box or locker. Younger people are generally curious to their surroundings and may intimidate what they see. A lot of these younger members too as I elaborated before have family ties in a gang and they go by what they see. They want to be like them. All that extra stuff you are talking about is completely in character and should be treated as such.

But at the end of the day, there is nothing unrealistic about outsiders carrying guns in a faction. That's almost the same as telling a faction member he has to start off as a 13 year old in order to develop into a gang. These ideologies is the reason why people see some of these LS gangs as foreign because its true. Some faction leaders need to just make their own home grown faction and implement those rules instead of trying to portray something that they know they not doing it right. But hey, this is LS-RP. Just giving my two cents.
Fizzacts
Retired Forum Moderator/Tester

Mahogany Red

Post by Mahogany Red » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Wurm wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm

we dont want shit like this^ period.
That's exactly why I don't fuck with any of these factions now. I really thought I was the only one who was aware of that dumb shit. It's not even the foreign factions... "domestic" factions be doing the same shit too. "Outsiders must do this." "You can't carry this." "You can't drive this." "You can't say this." "You can't wear this." Everybody character gotta be the same??? FUCK THAT. I'm carrying guns and realistically acting however the fuck I want. I wish one of you weirdos WOULD come up to me and try to take my gun, talking about some "outsiders can't do this" or "you need an OG's permission." LMAO. That's one of the fastest ways to get smoked. I'm not subject to any of these dumb ideologies.
I have to roleplay with the yakuza for a month to get one gun just so I can lose it an hour later in a faction attack. :lol:

I'm finna roleplay as 14 and call it "development." :lol:

Donzell_Harris
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Gurbsta

Post by Donzell_Harris » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 pm

F0r3v3r wrote:
Facts wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:06 am
F0r3v3r wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:56 pm
lmfao I have no clue where is the part of "no weapons for outsiders is allowed now" invalid in LSRP right now? Gangs still hold a strict ruleset for guns IC and if you are a kid caught with a gun in your pocket, you are going to get it snatched. Could easily get kicked for it too if you push development like that. That's obviously still a reason people get kicked, so I do not see where you are aiming.
That is not true. Majority of Gangs from LA don't have rules stating that their younger generation or "outsider" members cannot carry guns. That is highly unlikely and unrealistic, I don't understand why gangs on LS would even implement this type of "rule" or where it came from. If that gang was a homegrown gang such as Kilo Block, etc then that would be understandable to a certain extent since the gang isn't derived from an already existing entity from the gang world, and of course-- it is fictional.

I also think that some faction leaders should make more extensive research on the gangs they are trying to portray, its definitely not impossible to do so-- especially in 2019. It is very easy to get a gun in America, especially for minorities growing up in a rough environment. But of course, majority of you wouldn't know because you are not from there.

There shouldn't be a such thing as "develop crime while you age". Lol? It's many young members in gangs who been doing dirt at a young age, and its been happening since the 70s. Many of you tend to forget that a lot of gangs in LA were formed by adolescents. People getting kicked out of gangs on LS because of carrying a gun just adds to the joke on how some gangs are being portrayed on this game. I'm not coming off as bashful or anything, but its all about who knows who. Also to point: most of the rules on the streets are played by game (a lot of people role playing in gangs don't even know what that is). The game stays the same, but each generation adds a different spice to it. There are people on LS that still think the majority of Crips and the Bloods sets have a hierarchy that give off rank promotions like the military, for example blood ranks: YG > OYG > OG (you lead the gang faceass). But in reality, it's different generations. Some generations on top of that have family members such as their grandkids or kids who are in gangs and tend to carry based on what they are taught.
I do not necessarily hate the fact outsiders couldn't carry. The thing is, development is still a major key for RP and if somebody comes around your block and carries a tec-9 on them on their first day out, isn't that unrealistic and rushed? I get your idea, though. Outsiders have been given the opportunity, to at least obtain a permission to carry, aka a blessing from a OG. It used to be like that in Los Cycos and from what I've experienced, has not changed every since and exists to this vary day. I mean, I get you, though, but on an IC note, having everyone strap up in your gang, outsider or not, doesn't make sense. The problem here is, that if there are more guns on the streets, the police have more people to search, hence there will be more frequent raids and more frequent heat on the hood. Also, if you give a twelve year old a gun, what will he do with it? I am not saying everyone does that, but most would in real life probably do something outstandingly stupid and bring more and more heat to their neighborhood and they, for most factors, could turn snitch after they're busted for gun charges.
You're from Estonia so of course it wouldn't make sense to you.

F0r3v3r
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Nicholas Nguyen

Post by F0r3v3r » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 pm

It's not that I live in Estonia. I've been to numerous countries and I get where you guys come from. To be completely honest, Estonians have way more guns than most of the countries in Europe allow and even young kids carry these, but not as much as in America or other big countries, where there are gangs etc. Estonia has a couple organized groups that function but none of them really carry weapons publicly. I live by development being the key of roleplay, but I've been in factions which let outsiders carry, yet I do not see it being a big part of our nowadays roleplay. I see what Facts means here, though. It's ridicolous people are KICKED but rather should be helped with development as definitely not every youngster in LA or any other big city with gangs can carry guns and commit crimes, you can correct me if I am wrong.

Amity
A Tradition of Service

Post by Amity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Codeine Caliphate wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:36 am
I remember back in the day factions like Wilcox and Meadows DTO had stern rules for it's lower tier members, where other factions like 424 Kilo Block did not allow their lowest members to even hold guns - you could be CK'd for having one if deemed necessary.
imagine thinking that restricting someones roleplay out of character is actually good

glad that ancient shit got pissed off eventually :lol: :lol:

I think people need to stop relying on the faction leadership to hop in game and spoonfeed them roleplay. It used to not be an issue, but for some reason the past 2-3 years it's become a serious issue. People don't want to hop in game and create their roleplay, they would rather sit and wait for someone to come around and hand it to them. :?: :?:
F0r3v3r wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 pm
It's not that I live in Estonia. I've been to numerous countries and I get where you guys come from. To be completely honest, Estonians have way more guns than most of the countries in Europe allow and even young kids carry these, but not as much as in America or other big countries, where there are gangs etc. Estonia has a couple organized groups that function but none of them really carry weapons publicly. I live by development being the key of roleplay, but I've been in factions which let outsiders carry, yet I do not see it being a big part of our nowadays roleplay. I see what Facts means here, though. It's ridicolous people are KICKED but rather should be helped with development as definitely not every youngster in LA or any other big city with gangs can carry guns and commit crimes, you can correct me if I am wrong.
stop comparing 3rd world european countries to modern day america

Return to “General Discussions”