DTOs??

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

G R E E D Y
Gangster
Gangster

DTOs??

Post by G R E E D Y » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:51 pm

I don't know about everyone else but I'm pretty tired of seeing these DTOs come and go, nobody really sticks with them or gives it all they've got. Some of the best role play I've taken part in was with Wilcox a long ass time ago.. and I had some fun with Meadows too before it closed down. I was really looking forward to seeing some new DTO's pop up and take over, but it hasn't happened yet. I had a run with Leflore, but sadly that didn't end well either.

I just want to know if there's anyone else out there who has experience and would be interested in starting something. Bring back the real feel of the DTO's.

Mustang Sally
Mafia
Mafia

Re: DTOs??

Post by Mustang Sally » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:06 pm

There is a small DTO developing at Glen Park nowadays you should check it

Child Endangerment
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Child Endangerment » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Because nobody actually has real knowledge of what a DTO is, most of these DTO's that pop up now a days on LS-RP are one group of people who sell drugs on the corner. That's not what it is, a DTO is an Drug Trade Organization composed of many different groups from different parts of the city. That's why factions like Meadows were so successful because they weren't just in one area they expanded their connections from Harmony to Cardinal and more (if I'm not mistaken).

People need to take their time and actually start from the ground up and expand their connections and not just start with a stash car full of drugs and establish ooc drug deals for screenshots.

VaudeVillian
State Senator
State Senator
Ingame name: YANDHI

Post by VaudeVillian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Honestly Brown Pride is similar to the DTOs of old but isnt recognized as such because the name isnt Such and Such DTO. Brown Pride goal is to expand and take over different regions on lsrp. They have controled Crystal Gardens, Southbridge, Harmony Oaks, Hives and G-Arm. And are always looking for the next spot to open a drug corner and expand

Mustang Sally
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Mustang Sally » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Lajan wrote:Because nobody actually has real knowledge of what a DTO is, most of these DTO's that pop up now a days on LS-RP are one group of people who sell drugs on the corner. That's not what it is, a DTO is an Drug Trade Organization composed of many different groups from different parts of the city. That's why factions like Meadows were so successful because they weren't just in one area they expanded their connections from Harmony to Cardinal and more (if I'm not mistaken).

People need to take their time and actually start from the ground up and expand their connections and not just start with a stash car full of drugs and establish ooc drug deals for screenshots.
Ramona Housing project is doing such a thing i have following the thread for some time and they actually developing from zero as a bunch of kids and slowly taking over glen park and expanding

kendrick_khalifah
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by kendrick_khalifah » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 am

I too was once apart of Wilcox. The thing is, with Wilcox you had a sort of aura, if you dont get what I mean check their screens. They heavily encouraged different character traits and the drug dealing was superb. Everyone used their environment to their ability and actually rp as a poor person (no designer skin mods). Plus you didnt have people taking things oocly from my tenure there , everything from the backstory of MMM was all ic. Not only that, lsrp has just died down from the view of being under an umbrella of a larger organisation due to people wanting to hold power oocly and icly. The people nowadays dont have a grasp on what a DTO is or how to handle a DTO realistically, I was in a 'DTO' quote DTO in my last faction but even then its a struggle cos the majority of lsrp players who are new or have only been here a year or two dont know about Meadows or Wilcox and hence cant get any inspiration and leads to them fucking shit up.

Pierre Broussard
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Huckabuck

Post by Pierre Broussard » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:49 am

kendrick_khalifah wrote:I too was once apart of Wilcox. The thing is, with Wilcox you had a sort of aura, if you dont get what I mean check their screens. They heavily encouraged different character traits and the drug dealing was superb. Everyone used their environment to their ability and actually rp as a poor person (no designer skin mods). Plus you didnt have people taking things oocly from my tenure there , everything from the backstory of MMM was all ic. Not only that, lsrp has just died down from the view of being under an umbrella of a larger organisation due to people wanting to hold power oocly and icly. The people nowadays dont have a grasp on what a DTO is or how to handle a DTO realistically, I was in a 'DTO' quote DTO in my last faction but even then its a struggle cos the majority of lsrp players who are new or have only been here a year or two dont know about Meadows or Wilcox and hence cant get any inspiration and leads to them fucking shit up.
Well I do agree about the thing that people want to have power and do not wont to be part of an umbrella organisation but I still think once a faction will get big enough people will try to join forces with him.

VaudeVillian
State Senator
State Senator
Ingame name: YANDHI

Post by VaudeVillian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Pierre Broussard wrote: Well I do agree about the thing that people want to have power and do not wont to be part of an umbrella organisation but I still think once a faction will get big enough people will try to join forces with him.
This you can't expect people to let a faction with little or no IC respect be above them on the totem poll. You also can't expect already large and established gangs to want to have to listen to somebody else

Pierre Broussard
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Pierre Broussard » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

VaudeVillian wrote:
Pierre Broussard wrote: Well I do agree about the thing that people want to have power and do not wont to be part of an umbrella organisation but I still think once a faction will get big enough people will try to join forces with him.
This you can't expect people to let a faction with little or no IC respect be above them on the totem poll. You also can't expect already large and established gangs to want to have to listen to somebody else
I never said that. But when u come to a group of kids offering them some money and in exchange they shot you with m4 someone is fucked up don't u think

Garethkeir
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Garethkeir » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am

Meadows and DW&A were the first and last to do it right on this server. All of these new DTO factions that pop up have no clue how to realistically portray a modern day DTO and distribute drugs on a moderate and realistic level. These new players were misguided by shit like Beasley, Moulton, and other poor mimics of Meadows who did it wrong.

These DTO factions that pop up now think they can come along with a car full of OOC drugs, and next thing you know, their upper echelon characters are driving around in Staffords like they're fucking LaVaughn Howard. That shit's lame. Be original. Start from the bottom. Don't mimic the blatant copycats like Taz Moneya and his poorly orchestrated character. Instead of taking notes from the guys who couldn't do it properly, take notes from the guys who started the shit.

I don't understand what's so hard about portraying the shit properly. Look at old screenshots from Meadows and Wilcox. See how Nicky Meadows started from the bottom. Do you guys actually think Bugs just popped up out of nowhere with his character and started driving a Huntley after a week of selling cocaine that he didn't even obtain in-character?

I wish I could bless you guys with the topics we had back in the Meadows and Wilcox usergroup, but sadly they're long gone. Use the resources that are available to you and take notes, niggas. And maybe, just maybe, your faction could be successful and get the stamp of certification.

Pierre Broussard
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Pierre Broussard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:50 am

Garethkeir wrote:Meadows and DW&A were the first and last to do it right on this server. All of these new DTO factions that pop up have no clue how to realistically portray a modern day DTO and distribute drugs on a moderate and realistic level. These new players were misguided by shit like Beasley, Moulton, and other mimics of Meadows who did it wrong.

These DTO factions that pop up now think they can come along with a car full of OOC drugs, and next thing you know, their upper echelon characters are driving around in Staffords like they're fucking LaVaughn Howard. That shit's lame. Be original. Start from the bottom. Don't mimic the blatant copycats like Taz Moneya and his poorly orchestrated character. Instead of taking notes from the guys who couldn't do it properly, take notes from the guys who started the shit.

I don't understand what's so hard about portraying the shit properly. Look at old screenshots from Meadows and Wilcox. See how Nicky Meadows started from the bottom. Do you guys actually think Bugs just popped up out of nowhere with his character and started driving a Huntley after a week of selling cocaine that he didn't even obtain in-character?

I wish I could bless you guys with the topics we had back in the Meadows and Wilcox usergroup, but sadly they're long gone. Use the resources that are available to you and take notes, niggas. And maybe, just maybe, your faction could be successful and get the stamp of certification.
As someone who is developing is character from nothing i bought a crack for a dollar sold it for two and slowly got better plug and larger are of operation which is still small but comparing to the start it is gucci. I am telling you people are not RPing loke the back in Wilcox day. I am here since 2010 and people are here nowdladays for these shotout or adrenaline pump and not rping thendrug to the fullest

kendrick_khalifah
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by kendrick_khalifah » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Garethkeir wrote:Meadows and DW&A were the first and last to do it right on this server. All of these new DTO factions that pop up have no clue how to realistically portray a modern day DTO and distribute drugs on a moderate and realistic level. These new players were misguided by shit like Beasley, Moulton, and other poor mimics of Meadows who did it wrong.

It's basically this, Sharif Reynolds and co so perfectly roleplayed ther characters and the drug dealing itself was so sick. We used hand signals, payphones, actually rping the traphouses and roleplayed within our means. Even along with that, you had the introduction of beautifully developed characters like voronovs Otis Glassman and Michael Westbrook and the development of chars like Armstrong Lacy, Marlon Brando, Martin Montoya and the rest was just beautifully executed. It takes dedication and it takes someone who has plausible and realistic aims for their faction, someone who knows about drug dealing in full and someone who can actually help thier members so they dont stray

Donald_Scarpa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Donald_Scarpa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:37 pm

What happened to Otis Glassman? He was my favorite in Meadows. Bugs himself set a pretty high standard, along with LaVaughn Howard.

kendrick_khalifah
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by kendrick_khalifah » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm

-
Last edited by kendrick_khalifah on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peruvian Flake
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Peruvian Flake » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Ahhh, I miss Harlow.

Return to “General Discussions”