Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

Joseph_Ragusa
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Josue Pinto

Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Joseph_Ragusa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Has the new drug system killed the gangs?

I see hardly no gangs anymore, most of the official gangs has ended.
Liam Flanigan - Forsaken Motorcycle club.

R.Hout
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by R.Hout » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm

It's highly possible it's played a negative outcome on gang roleplay across the board. But hopefully with the new interactions with FM this time around we can come to terms on what needs to be sorted first. So people can get back to roleplay like how it used to be.

Lockhart
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Pistol Packing Druggy

Post by Lockhart » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:29 pm

This isn't the only factor but it's played a big part.
Retired Staff

Gone Away

Son of a Gun
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Son of a Gun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 pm

My apologies, but I can't see how a new drug system that's been revamped to be more realistic and immersive has killed gang roleplay. As a matter of fact, one could argue that the new drug system has kept gangs afloat. I frequently roleplay around narcotics and I can tell you firsthand that this new drug script has spiced up roleplay around narcotics for me.
You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshiped, but there is always present underlying wish to see them destroyed at the peak of their glory.

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Played the biggest role in killing them.
Memphis Banks - "Life of a Hustla"
"You chase the hoes, I chase the paper, you're a sucka fo' love nigga, I'm a moneymaker!"
[Guide] How to roleplay a Hu$tla![Guide] All animations commands with animated gifs!

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

BigMacMark
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: James_Clarence

Post by BigMacMark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Can someone explain why/how it's killed them?

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Guns and drugs.
основа

Dwayne_Faison
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dwayne_Faison » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm

BigMacMark wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm
Can someone explain why/how it's killed them?
Because Otter decided it was a good idea to give FM the judgement on who and who not to give drugs to. That allowed FM to give drugs to a select few factions which further limited the distribution of drugs to all factions and gangs. As some gangs couldn’t get a hold of drugs at all due to the limited supply it has lead to the closure of several factions.

Lockhart
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lockhart » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Son of a Gun wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 pm
My apologies, but I can't see how a new drug system that's been revamped to be more realistic and immersive has killed gang roleplay. As a matter of fact, one could argue that the new drug system has kept gangs afloat. I frequently roleplay around narcotics and I can tell you firsthand that this new drug script has spiced up roleplay around narcotics for me.
I think it's important to point out that you will be part of the select few that feel this way. There are many players and factions who cannot count themselves lucky. Regardless it's good to hear you've had a good experience.
Retired Staff

Gone Away

owen
Game Administrator

Post by owen » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I personally feel like the new incomplete drug system has played a small part in the very small gang decline, however, the drug reset was a good choice to make, there were simply too many stockpiled vehicles and the drug game was completely ruined, there were drugs everywhere and literally, everywhere. Realistically drugs are all over the world and they're very common in certain places, yes. However, realistically? You'd find one person who'd get you what you needed. Before? Every single person had something, it was just too much.

The drug reset should've been handled better, yes. However, it's too late to look into the past on what should've and could've happened, we need to focus on the present. The drug system (as of right now) is still un-finished and needs serious work and with the lack of Developers? I honestly don't know how long it will take until the new system is perfected, months maybe? A year, possibly. Gangs right now are very limited and drugs are still scarce, I do believe Faction Management need to address it.

With the new structural changes in FM I believe positives are to come for the drug distribution and the like, it's only a matter of time before someone addresses the elephant in the room.

Gang role play is still thriving, you don't exactly /NEED/ drugs to role play in a gang, it's just an added spice to the plate!
BRING YOUR TOMAHAWK AND WEAR YOUR BOOTS BECAUSE IT’S ABOUT TO GET BUSY

Son of a Gun
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Son of a Gun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Lockhart wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm
Son of a Gun wrote:
I think it's important to point out that you will be part of the select few that feel this way. There are many players and factions who cannot count themselves lucky. Regardless it's good to hear you've had a good experience.
Eitherway, with the instillation of the new Faction Management, I'm assured that everyone's roleplay experience will be elevated.
You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshiped, but there is always present underlying wish to see them destroyed at the peak of their glory.

PrettyKasztan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PrettyKasztan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Makes no differnece to me until the "quality" aka "strength" of the drug is gonna mean something so there's drug wars over who has best stuff and who not on server.
Rodney_Kruger

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• TAKING SKIN REQUESTS •
Headswaps | R* models | R* textures | Simple skin mods | NO custom models
SHOWROOM

Lockhart
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lockhart » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Son of a Gun wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 pm
Lockhart wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm
Son of a Gun wrote:
Eitherway, with the instillation of the new Faction Management, I'm assured that everyone's roleplay experience will be elevated.
I have my fingers crossed. I'm not going to sit here and type some nasty crap about how things could be done better by some staff because I know they're in a difficult predicament as much as everyone else is. I have faith that the right changes will be made to enhance player experience and that the right adjustments will be made to develop the faction journey.
Retired Staff

Gone Away

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Jonathan_Baccarini

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Guns and drugs killed a lot of factions. Criminal RP is impossible with out them and most of people who role-play in a gang or mafia tries to put his or her hands on illegal items. I was happy when the new drug system kicked in, but we received another problem. We did not have enough dealers who would have pushed them on streets. Management must end monopolization over drugs and guns, they must give rights to all official factions and few solo good role-players. Also they must make sure that each faction/solo dealer can push only one type of gun/drug on streets in order to create competition, wars over drug/gun market, more work for PD/SD/SADOC/LSFD, more action on the server. And legal businesses need to become active.
Last edited by dzgapaan on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lockhart
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lockhart » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:08 pm

dzgapaan wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:05 pm
Guns and drugs killed a lot of factions. Criminal RP is impossible with out them and most of people who role-play in a gang or mafia tries to put his or her hands on illegal items. I was happy when the new drug system kicked in, but we received another problem. We did not have enough dealers who would have pushed them on streets. Management must end monopolization over drugs and guns, they must give rights to all official factions and few solo good role-players. Also they must make sure that each faction/solo dealer can push only one type of gun/drug on streets.
I can't imagine there would be any reason to restrict what players can sell, could you elaborate on that point please?

I wouldn't agree with criminal RP being 'impossible' but it sure does feel like we are lacking content.
Retired Staff

Gone Away

Return to “General Discussions”