Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

User avatar
James
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by James » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Vornyy wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:04 pm
Nightmare. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm
I think the main issue was that FM thought it was unrealistic for gangs to have one - ten kilos of cocaine. I think everyone here can agree that gangs IRL have a whole lot more passing through than that. FM wanted the drug game to be realistic and thought handing out ounces of cocaine/weed every week was the answer.. Which of course, wasn't.

Exactly, but the problem it's still only shitty little amounts being handed out from what I'm witnessing personally. The fact you've got to fill out a job application to apply for drugs is pretty ridiculous alone if you ask me, these little few ounces here and there being passed on weekly/monthly simply aren't enough.. Especially when official faction's want to help out/supply unofficial ones. I don't understand why official faction's don't have the ability to create their own, doing crops etc.

You've got unofficial gangs relying on you for weight because you've built/are building in-game connections with them and the most you can hand them is about 2-3 ounces for their whole gang to work off, because if you try any more you'll have fuck all for your own faction. If each gang was to fill out their own application and got accepted there'd no longer be any need for faction's to build connections with one another & do business, other than for guns.

I'd have an easier time supplying people in real life with bulk than I do on this game at the moment and i'm a regular guy, nevermind a high ranking member of a big fuck off gang in America.

Why not put the power back in the official faction's hands so connections have to be built, it's only similar to how shit works in real life, people need to build connections with one another in order to buy weight and push it to their people.

It's flawed as fuck in my opinion & isn't getting any better, the roleplay around drugs might seem better as a whole but the system and way it's working is shit because people are posted up with fuck all and have to consider an ounce as "weight". Every single gang on this server should have enough work to be pushing constantly on the corners in their neighborhood, and with the amounts being handed out at the moment, there's not a chance that's going to happen.

I've no doubt in my mind that members of Tres Puntos or 3rd Gate Piru are the one's in charge of the drug distribution scheme and determine who gets what and how much.
Nightmare and Vorny are right about the situation. I get the application for unofficial factions to get drug distro, but official factions? They've worked hard for their official status, why are they not trusted to help out with the distribution?

As Vorny was saying, ounces is not enough. My faction South Central, Ganton, can move ounces within a couple of hours, but we can't. Instead we're forced to sell lower weights and turn people away, just to try and make our drugs last until the next re-up. It's like not like we're asking for kilos to be introduced every week, but how about a quater pound / half pound to the faction distributors?
they all LSCF fans

User avatar
Nightmare.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5704
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:17 pm
Ingame name: INFAMOUS
Location: EAST
Contact:

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Nightmare. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Vornyy wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:04 pm
100% agree.

If a faction reaches official status, they've clearly developed well IG and they've clearly deserved that official slot. With development comes connections, with connections comes drug trade and meeting people powerful enough to supply big amounts. The fact all factions are getting small amounts of drugs spawned in weekly or w/e is just ridiculous.

Official factions are more than likely dominant when it comes to the IC market and should be able to supply the drugs to show and back that.

Bring back warehouses, let official factions have access to warehouses and let them RP around big amounts of drugs. These petty ounces here and there don't cut it and it's embarrassing. Warehouses should be brought back and monitored so they aren't abused.

Bring back the multiple kilo deals in the middle of nowhere because believe it or not, that is realism. No gang IRL would dominate any market working a couple ounces a week, they'd get laughed at.

Bring back mafia meet ups for kilos to be brought back to hoods and distributed, because THAT is what happens.

Bring back bigger sets supplying smaller sets with kilos because THAT is what happens. Nobody would dominate or own any corner with an ounce.

Bring back the drug trade working through IC connections and role-play scenarios instead of having to go OOC and PM an admin or someone in FM!

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FamousCEO » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Nightmare. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm
Gangs are on the come up again because the current FM isn't an absolute shambles like beforehand. When the drug wipe happened before out of nowhere, that without doubt killed all gang RP and is laugh-able that only now gang RP is on the rise again.

I can guarantee you, if the drug wipe didn't happen you'd see a whole lot more gangs on corners portraying a realistic hood environment - something this server is continuing to lack.

Before the drug wipe, the East of Los Santos (only RP'd there so can't speak for others) was fantastic. The realism driving through, and the ghetto-like feel you had when passing/role-playing there was excellent. The drug game was top class and the role-play was great. Glen Park was always pumping, Crenshaw, Blythe, Slauson was packed, around Exton with Vipers too - Martinez was also lit and not to mention across the tracks at Defson.

I think the main issue was that FM thought it was unrealistic for gangs to have one - ten kilos of cocaine. I think everyone here can agree that gangs IRL have a whole lot more passing through than that. FM wanted the drug game to be realistic and thought handing out ounces of cocaine/weed every week was the answer.. Which of course, wasn't.

Hopefully the new drug system and FM team will mend gang role-play.
What you just said is true, East Los Santos RP was great. It's just that the old FM was different from the new one.

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FamousCEO » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Nightmare. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm
Vornyy wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:04 pm
100% agree.

If a faction reaches official status, they've clearly developed well IG and they've clearly deserved that official slot. With development comes connections, with connections comes drug trade and meeting people powerful enough to supply big amounts. The fact all factions are getting small amounts of drugs spawned in weekly or w/e is just ridiculous.

Official factions are more than likely dominant when it comes to the IC market and should be able to supply the drugs to show and back that.

Bring back warehouses, let official factions have access to warehouses and let them RP around big amounts of drugs. These petty ounces here and there don't cut it and it's embarrassing. Warehouses should be brought back and monitored so they aren't abused.

Bring back the multiple kilo deals in the middle of nowhere because believe it or not, that is realism. No gang IRL would dominate any market working a couple ounces a week, they'd get laughed at.

Bring back mafia meet ups for kilos to be brought back to hoods and distributed, because THAT is what happens.

Bring back bigger sets supplying smaller sets with kilos because THAT is what happens. Nobody would dominate or own any corner with an ounce.

Bring back the drug trade working through IC connections and role-play scenarios instead of having to go OOC and PM an admin or someone in FM!
This is what makes me more than happy to stay here, the massive amount of role play and creativity. Like you said as well, I rather have these things go through role play as when things go through OOC like applications etc, then people don't role play their drugs coming in. I saw in one thread that illegal factions use to control the gun market rather then admins controlling it.

undefined.
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by undefined. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 pm

People in FM dont realize that in the neighborhoods people portray that there's more fucking coke and weed then food, I'm not a fullout gang related guy irl but I see my friends who are 16 get 200gs of weed and they not even in a gang, people who are in FM don't realize that drugs are easy to come by irl in much bigger amounts then even official factions get and that irl sureno gangs push kilos weekly, not sit on five ounces
Last edited by undefined. on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Topiyo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Topiyo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Official factions should have control over the drug market again and have their own warehouses. Too many people apply for the drug distribution scheme because they don't want to bother with making connections in-game.

However I do see why FM have reduced the amount of narcotics that get sent through the server. (Could do with some balancing) There isn't a huge demand to /use drugs, there's a huge demand to sell. If they saturate the market again with kilos, who's gonna use all of those kilos? It'll just get stock piled again. Real life gangs have huge cities to sell to, LSRP criminal organisations do not.
Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres.

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FamousCEO » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Topiyo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:32 pm
Official factions should have control over the drug market again and have their own warehouses. Too many people apply for the drug distribution scheme because they don't want to bother with making connections in-game.

However I do see why FM have reduced the amount of narcotics that get sent through the server. (Could do with some balancing) There isn't a huge demand to /use drugs, there's a huge demand to sell. If they saturate the market again with kilos, who's gonna use all of those kilos? It'll just get stock piled again. Real life gangs have huge cities to sell to, LSRP criminal organisations do not.
Exactly, I would love to see screenshots with how faction's are getting their drugs. The drug distribution scheme is OOC and that is what kills the role play. I also want some non official factions to get some fair too.

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FamousCEO » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:15 pm

undefined. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 pm
People in FM dont realize that in the neighborhoods people portray that there's more fucking coke and weed then food, I'm not a fullout gang related guy irl but I see my friends who are 16 get 200gs of weed and they not even in a gang, people who are in FM don't realize that drugs are easy to come by irl in much bigger amounts then even official factions get and that irl sureno gangs push kilos weekly, not sit on five ounces
Drugs make money. It's around everywhere and very easy to get.

User avatar
Darwins.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:23 pm
Location: Ganton Loyalist Members Club

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Darwins. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Word, you don't even need to write that much because its gonna stay like this lol. 3 street gangs official but how many are plugging unofficial factions? lol i dnt think I need to say more

User avatar
Anthony_Navarra
Members Only
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Anthony_Navarra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 am

I remember saying that the amount of drugs factions are getting was too low. I received a few hostile comments for having this opinion on the drug system. I think FM need to give power back to the official factions and give them much more drugs, let them control the drug scene. As for the drug scheme? I'd say up the number of drugs the suppliers get every week. The only downside I see with FM giving more drugs out is people stockpiling, but I'm sure admins can tackle that.
Members Only

User avatar
FrodoSkjh
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FrodoSkjh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 am

The new drug system sort of killed what ppl were USED to. Me myself logged in and checked my vehicle, all my drugs i had in there was gone. Sad but still, we'll get used to the new system no doubt!

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by FamousCEO » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:22 am

And not just that too, but make a gun distributing scheme going in game where it's sold for a cheap price but roleplay and IC connections are involved, obviously.

User avatar
east side story
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by east side story » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 am

Darwins. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 pm
Word, you don't even need to write that much because its gonna stay like this lol. 3 street gangs official but how many are plugging unofficial factions? lol i dnt think I need to say more
Unofficial factions can get a weekly drug supply from FM, heck some unofficial factions get the same amount of weekly drugs as an official faction. What's an official faction going to do with 28 ounces a week with nearly 20-30 members? Can't blame officials, the drug system is out of their control.

User avatar
Conwell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2007
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:26 am
Location: Uganda

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by Conwell » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm

undefined. wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 pm
People in FM dont realize that in the neighborhoods people portray that there's more fucking coke and weed then food, I'm not a fullout gang related guy irl but I see my friends who are 16 get 200gs of weed and they not even in a gang, people who are in FM don't realize that drugs are easy to come by irl in much bigger amounts then even official factions get and that irl sureno gangs push kilos weekly, not sit on five ounces
And what YOU don't understand is that amount of drugs you're talking about would stop the drug trade completely because everyone would have drugs. An average sized city in USA counts around 100k - 150k people. Los Santos Role Play counts no more than 10k active players (even this number could be wrong). Flood the server with drugs and you'll kill the drug trade.
FamousCEO wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:22 am
And not just that too, but make a gun distributing scheme going in game where it's sold for a cheap price but roleplay and IC connections are involved, obviously.
It exists, it's called strawman.

undefined.
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: Has the drugs killed the gangs?

Post by undefined. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm

I am aware that it would stop the trade if we get 5000gs a month, but right now almost everyone is dry, some ppl aren't but most are, and the OOC part is killing the gangs more then anything.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ronno14