55%
Other (comment)
9%

Total votes: 906

Surreal
Management

Robbery Limit — Poll

Post by Surreal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am

This has been brought up time and time again as a server discussion or a suggestion.

What do you think of the server's robbery limit? Should it stay the same? Should it be increased? Why?

Discuss, so this topic can be brought to a close once and for all.

Feedback will be used to make a final decision.

E. Barrera
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Robbery Limit — Poll

Post by E. Barrera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 am

Robbery is already a cancerous experience 9/10 times. Increasing the amount taken from you would just make it worse, I think, and would probably encourage more people to go around /mask'd up robbing everything in sight with little more roleplay than "down!" and /frisk.

infrared
Game Administrator

Post by infrared » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 am

I agree with E. Barrera. Keep the limit the same or lower it.
The high school drama should've been left behind the moment you've gotten your cap & gown. Leave that to the females.

Chuckles
LS:RP Tester

Post by Chuckles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:48 am

E. Barrera wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 am
Robbery is already a cancerous experience 9/10 times. Increasing the amount taken from you would just make it worse, I think, and would probably encourage more people to go around /mask'd up robbing everything in sight with little more roleplay than "down!" and /frisk.
Took the words out of my mouth.
Inactive from 09/09/19 to 27/09/19

Superb
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:53 am

The number of robberies is way too big right now in my eyes while having the limit at $500, imagine if the limit got increased. Most of the current robberies don't even get role-played as good as they're supposed to be, most of them are just someone aiming a gun at you and going into /b ''don't stall'' when the victim is actually trying to role-play.

I'm totally against increasing the limit with the current level of RP around robberies and with the current number of robberies, if the limit is going to be increased then more rules around robbery would be needed.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am

Bring it back to 5K imo. I've yet to be robbed for a few years now I don't see the issues. Robbery crews can be handled via reports.

If you lower it or keep it the same it's not like it's going to decrease robberies either. People mainly rob for firearms anyway.
friends switch up when you in a benz truck
TWO TIME.
VENOMOUS TWO TIME VIDEO
The Special Enforcement Bureau (2015)

.kickback
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: da 1 thas fuckin yo bitch

Post by .kickback » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:08 am

Not worth increasing it, its just gonna increase robberies where people just go around typing "/me takes the money". Players will just do it for the sake of the money and not the RP.
.kickback
Do you believe in angels?
You either leave early as a good roleplayer, or you stay long enough to be labelled as a dmer.

Chuckles
LS:RP Tester

Post by Chuckles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 am

Superb wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:53 am
The number of robberies is way too big right now in my eyes while having the limit at $500, imagine if the limit got increased. Most of the current robberies don't even get role-played as good as they're supposed to be, most of them are just someone aiming a gun at you and going into /b ''don't stall'' when the victim is actually trying to role-play.

I'm totally against increasing the limit with the current level of RP around robberies and with the current number of robberies, if the limit is going to be increased then more rules around robbery would be needed.
Maybe an alternative rule should be proposed to intensify the repercussions of a robbery, raise the rewards but also the risks. Implications like a character kill or 15+ hours in prison if killed/jailed in an unsuccessful attempt. Imposing rebound from robberies would make people think twice.

Something to make players be thorough and efficient with their roleplay.
Last edited by Chuckles on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive from 09/09/19 to 27/09/19

Viexter
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Viexter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:17 am

$5000
All my g's locked up I told 'em send me a kite

Fanta!
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Fanta! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 am

AceS| wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am
Bring it back to 5K imo. I've yet to be robbed for a few years now I don't see the issues. Robbery crews can be handled via reports.

If you lower it or keep it the same it's not like it's going to decrease robberies either. People mainly rob for firearms anyway.
Easier said than done. We have administrators who rarely have enough time and evidence to handle deathmatch reports on the spot in-game. There's no motivation to prove yourself on a forum report about a robbery because the situation becomes prolonged and tedious.

Remain the same or increase repercussions. Robberies aren't roleplayed for the sake of roleplay nowadays, it's rushed and unrealistic. People jump out of cars four deep with shotguns, assault rifles, and handguns just to rob a single person for $500.

Increasing the robbery limit will only motivate people to doing anything for THAT BAG. Which in return will increase the unrealistic robberies. So I'm leaning towards remaining the same, or even decreasing it.
certified

Bayuaji
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: King

Post by Bayuaji » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 am

If it's increased, alot of people would go for robbing everytime. I'll vouch for 500.

Amity
A Tradition of Service

Post by Amity » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 am

Making it bigger will do nothing but increase the already ridiculous amount of robberies. Keep it the same or even lower it to discourage people from robbing.

Brad Laurito
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Brad Laurito » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 am

Why not make it possible for them to rob everything that you are carrying on you? It'd be the most realistic thing to do, and would force people to actually worry about losing something more than $500, cause it's really nothing.

Jovis
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jovis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 am

Nothing wrong with the $500 limit, the way some robberies are conducted is the problem IMO.

DaFedz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Find out

Post by DaFedz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 am

Money isn't a huge issue for most people on this server, many people have millions upon millions. I think rules regarding the roleplay with robberies needs to be addressed, but it should be raised to at least 1 thousand, it's literally chump change for 99 percent of the server, and it's not really the main object of the robbery most of the time. I think "robbery crews" needs to be defined and people need to not just namechange and get a pf and say "Chea dog we're lick hittaz now homie, let's go make some money", it's unrealistic and stupid. If not just a reason to go and shoot at cops or get some free shootouts, it's unrealistic and should be outlawed.

Return to “General Discussions”