Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

tjofi
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Kyle_Danger

Surviving a HEADSHOT

Post by tjofi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Just because you scriptwise have a GSW to your head does not necessarily mean you must not roleplay surviving.
I would appreciate if an admin can, once and for all, give an official feedback on role-playing surviving the GSW to the HEAD, can it be role-played like bullet barely scratched the ear, or side of the head without causing any brain damage, or even the bullet got into the brain and the player wants to role-play surviving? Check this headshot survivor's story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYmfSbfA5iU

Amity
Forum Moderator

Re: Surviving a HEADSHOT

Post by Amity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Nobody is saying you need to die straight away from a gunshot wound to the head. It's more-so you've been shot in the head and that's a critical and usually fatal wound. You're free to roleplay the wound how you want as long as it's actually roleplayed to some extent. I don't understand why you've made this topic as there isn't really an issue here.

If you're in brutally wounded mode it's a different story, you should be roleplaying dying due to the fact it's normally a fatal wound. We're talking about a rare once in a few hundred cases of people surviving headshots here, not every Tom Dick and Harry in Los Santos.
I've been searching for an exit but I'm lost inside my head.

Apophis
Game Admin
Game Admin
Ingame name: popposito x dai lo

Re: Surviving a HEADSHOT

Post by Apophis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Amity wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 pm
Nobody is saying you need to die straight away from a gunshot wound to the head. It's more-so you've been shot in the head and that's a critical and usually fatal wound. You're free to roleplay the wound how you want as long as it's actually roleplayed to some extent. I don't understand why you've made this topic as there isn't really an issue here.

If you're in brutally wounded mode it's a different story, you should be roleplaying dying due to the fact it's normally a fatal wound. We're talking about a rare once in a few hundred cases of people surviving headshots here, not every Tom Dick and Harry in Los Santos.
The rule blankets the x100 disputes that we'd normally face on a daily basis. We have enough problems with people arguing whether or not X amount of bullets would kill somebody (with people thinking that 9 M4 shots to the torso is just a flesh wound). Were the headshot rule to be removed, the server would face a severe influx of "grazes" and "hit my ear" to the point where all haircutting roleplay would have to be discontinued, on account of the free, 100% safe / zero chance of dying ones being given on the street.

People generally misconstrue the effects of a gunshot wound as-is, removing the rule wouldn't benefit the server at all.
apophis x plastic x junipero x dogs x leispang x gwb x kirby x zulu x oliver x retina x wei x sao x bd
mis.u

Return to “General Discussions”