Could my admin record affect my chances of becoming a tester?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

xGodAlmightyx
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Micheal_Ray

Could my admin record affect my chances of becoming a tester?

Post by xGodAlmightyx » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Ok, I have decided to take LSRP seriously since I came back i'm trying not to get in no trouble and go by the rules. The question today I have only for Staff Members is, Could a bad admin record stop you from being a LSRP Tester or Admin ? I wanna try and be a tester going down the road but im afraid my record would stop me. Its not VERY BAD like actually people who don't take the game serious, its just kinda bad. I'm just trying to see would it stop me. Thank you.
28TH Street OG !

Fractilla
Sicario

Re: Staff Members Only

Post by Fractilla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Aslong as you show promise and make sure your actions speak louder than words; ie "I'm changed" then there shouldn't be a problem with you progressing through the tester position etc

Malfoy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Staff Members Only

Post by Malfoy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 pm

I made the exact same thread 3 years ago which you can find here: https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=497257

Short answer: NO.

I wasn't the best player back in the day and even ended up getting banned and stuff. To this date I'm still not proud of my admin record and what not. I just remember getting forum banned on the 24th of December of 2016 and then being unbanned on the 10th of January. I legit kept my record clean for the duration of a year and eventually got tester circa October-September of 2017.

I honestly don't believe I was a HORRIBLE TOXIC player but I definitely didn't use to staff members when I was told to do one thing or another and didn't take the server serious. If you believe you could some-how contribute to the community by giving back, helping players etc. you'll be on the right path and it won't go unnoticed.
damaz wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:50 pm
My admin record wasn't really the best but it helped me evolve as a player. It's not impossible to become a tester if you show change. That is what is important. Prove it to the administration that you changed from your past.
Houstonfornication

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Antonio_Barros

Re: Could my admin record affect my chances of becoming a tester?

Post by FamousCEO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 pm

I was also gonna make a thread like this but I thought I was going to get warnings if I did so, and by the looks of it it doesn't look like it. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but if they look at your admin record, they'd say no. It's sad but true. I always wanted to become a tester but my admin record is always in the way.

Redz
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: -

Post by Redz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:48 pm

It depends on how recent said record is. some of us in the team don't have a clean as a record you think.

Former LSRP Game Administrator

Tester (December 2016-September 2017 )
Forum Moderator (March 2017- May 2017)
Senior Forum Moderator (May 2017 - September 2017 )
Level 1 Game Admin (September 2017-March 2018)

Malfoy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Malfoy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 pm

FamousCEO wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 pm
I was also gonna make a thread like this but I thought I was going to get warnings if I did so, and by the looks of it it doesn't look like it. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but if they look at your admin record, they'd say no. It's sad but true. I always wanted to become a tester but my admin record is always in the way.
You can't delete your forum warnings and go back in time but you can start from where you are now and try change for the "better" I guess.
Houstonfornication

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by FamousCEO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 pm

I believe that I have changed considering most of my punishments were in my noob days. I was able to make it to a legal official faction and provide some great role play for factions I have contributed in. My question now is, how many testers/admins have been banned?

Shammy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: KEG_Smells

Post by Shammy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:14 pm

To expand on what others have said: it's a factor, but your reputation matters more. Certain troublemakers will stick in the minds of admins, and if you're one of them then it'll definitely hold you back.

However, if you're known to be a good roleplayer and member of the community, and that tarnished admin record is fairly old, then it won't stop you.

People forget that the community isn't that large, and that most active players will generally be known to one or two admins who will at least vaguely know what sort of a person they are.
Shammy
Image Image Image

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by FamousCEO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Shammy wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:14 pm
To expand on what others have said: it's a factor, but your reputation matters more. Certain troublemakers will stick in the minds of admins, and if you're one of them then it'll definitely hold you back.

However, if you're known to be a good roleplayer and member of the community, and that tarnished admin record is fairly old, then it won't stop you.

People forget that the community isn't that large, and that most active players will generally be known to one or two admins who will at least vaguely know what sort of a person they are.
owen knows me so much, Gallardo as well.

pablo
Game Administrator
Ingame name: detective herrera

Post by pablo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Been banned once, never stopped me. If it is a relatively recent offence, you can rest assured you probably wont be accepted, however offences from 6 months+ generally are OK in my eyes.
thiqé

Clem-Clem
Sicario
Ingame name: TOO MANY

Post by Clem-Clem » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 am

Been banned in the past and was still allowed to become a tester. Gonna repeat what everyone else who is or has been a part of the staff team said: as long as you've shown that you've changed, your record won't hold you back.
ex tester, ex dictator of SAN, cunt
Francisca LopezZoe Guerra
dis me community pageSan Andreas NetworkLos Zetaswww.clicker.com
pm if u got a problem or some shit w/e

insignificant
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by insignificant » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 pm

FamousCEO wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 pm
I believe that I have changed considering most of my punishments were in my noob days. I was able to make it to a legal official faction and provide some great role play for factions I have contributed in. My question now is, how many testers/admins have been banned?
plenty have been banned.

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by FamousCEO » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 pm

So what you guys are saying is that if I show that I am a good person then they will accept me into the staff team? How will I show that though?

Remorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Remorse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:46 pm

I, myself don't have the best of admin records and definitely am not proud of it. Like everyone else has said, if you show you have changed and you have no recent punishments then you’ll definitely be considered.

You can show you have changed simply by not receiving anymore punishments and by being active here on the forums and showing you can actually contribute something to the team and have the right work ethic and traits needed to be a good fit for the position.

FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by FamousCEO » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Remorse. wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:46 pm
I, myself don't have the best of admin records and definitely am not proud of it. Like everyone else has said, if you show you have changed and you have no recent punishments then you’ll definitely be considered.

You can show you have changed simply by not receiving anymore punishments and by being active here on the forums and showing you can actually contribute something to the team and have the right work ethic and traits needed to be a good fit for the position.
Alright, thanks. But when they say "Recent", how recent do they mean? 3 months ago or what?

Return to “General Discussions”