Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

Smarty
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:47 pm
Ingame name: Franky Deurlo

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Smarty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Kipps wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:58 pm
I feel like Idlewood needs admin attention more than it needs police attention.
I'm with kips.
Image

Lemon
LS:RP Tester
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:40 am
Ingame name: go figure
Location: Israel

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Lemon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Bluman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm
Because they're not cops by character. Gangs go through strenuous development and day-to-day lives, cops literally log on to do nothing except pursuits and gunfights. I've never seen a proper cop character development in all my time here, they got bored after a week or two and went back to general cop duties.

In SD I was the last person at a scene because everyone wanted to scoot off to the next action-packed thing.
In FD I literally had bodies dumped on me and cops saying 'you take this, I've gotta go' because they can't be bothered with RP.
I think it should be mandatory for cops to post daily screenshots (each and every one of them).
Looking at your signature, the last time you were in a LEO faction was 2015 — a lot has changed in those years believe or not. Police roleplay is no longer about getting the kills and pursuits. All factions have bad apples and these are the ones that people remember. One bad experience and you'll go and tell 40 people, one good experience and no one will know about it. It's human nature to only bring up the bad things. Visit the faction topics for PD/SD or all of the sub-topics these factions have in the Screenshots and Videos forum. A lot of people in PD/SD post screenshots on a regular basis.

As for the topic itself, as others have mentioned, we try to not fuel the cop-baiters (aka "street racers" who drift around major intersections in their Elegies with NOS activated) because no roleplay will come out of it, just a useless pursuit where a lot of people will get into car crashes and whatnot for the suspect to get released out of SACF 3 hours later to do the exact same thing after.

As for Idlewood, that's a different topic. As everyone mentioned, Idlewood is a hub for Non RP/trolling/DMing or what have you. We can't, and we won't, approach a brawl of 20 people on our own or even with backup. That's just how it is. It's easy to blame the police side of the server since we're the official factions, but everyone that's been a part of PD/SD knows how much non RP/trolling/admin sits and /q's we deal with on a daily basis.

User avatar
King
Certified
Certified
Posts: 8907
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by King » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:26 pm

I think admins should be less involved and LSPD more involved... one of the reasons I left LS-RP, too much OOC interventions and not enough IC repercussions following IC actions.

Like get outta here with your OOC agreements about man can't sell a set amount of guns/drugs and all that bs, then people constantly complain LS-RP is losing its clientele... Admin's should be on this server to regulate, not to control IC things through OOC methods.

User avatar
Shrekowski
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 am
Ingame name: someone named palomeme
Location: Monstropolis

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Shrekowski » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Bluman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm
I think it should be mandatory for cops to post daily screenshots (each and every one of them).
lmao

I was in several illegal gang factions before that tried to enforce mandatory screenshots and they wouldn't let us do our own method they wanted us to do it "their way" which lead to people quitting because it got hella retarded. If you think it should be mandatory for cops then your clearly stupid (not to mention what Chef Lemon said, You haven't been in a LEO faction since 2015)
dankus memius

User avatar
Kendrick_Underwood
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5329
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Kendrick_Underwood » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:58 pm

IC issue, it's corruption. Last I heard corruption like this was allowed without permission if it was things like ignoring petit crimes like fights.

Martyn030
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Martyn030 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 pm

King wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:26 pm
I think admins should be less involved and LSPD more involved... one of the reasons I left LS-RP, too much OOC interventions and not enough IC repercussions following IC actions.

Like get outta here with your OOC agreements about man can't sell a set amount of guns/drugs and all that bs, then people constantly complain LS-RP is losing its clientele... Admin's should be on this server to regulate, not to control IC things through OOC methods.

Oh praise the lord, someone decided to speak the truth! I'm personally getting very tired of the admin intervention. We're always talking about realism on the server. Part of realism is to adjust yourself to your environment. Survival of the fittest, if there's one part of town where too much crime happens. Start making it a "No grouping zone" for some time. Arrest anyone who fails to comply for 6hours. If we would only stop fixing issues OOCly on the server. And start issueing harsher punishments ICly. We'd be a lot better off. And I'd have a more immersive feeling on LSRP. We'd have more prisoners. More roleplay in prison, more people who don't mind going to prison as there's shit to do in there. More prisoners = More CO's = More fun.

User avatar
Bluman
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:20 am
Ingame name: Melvin_Davis
Location: South Yorkshire, England

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Bluman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Chef Lemon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Looking at your signature, the last time you were in a LEO faction was 2015 — a lot has changed in those years believe or not. Police roleplay is no longer about getting the kills and pursuits. All factions have bad apples and these are the ones that people remember. One bad experience and you'll go and tell 40 people, one good experience and no one will know about it. It's human nature to only bring up the bad things. Visit the faction topics for PD/SD or all of the sub-topics these factions have in the Screenshots and Videos forum. A lot of people in PD/SD post screenshots on a regular basis.

As for the topic itself, as others have mentioned, we try to not fuel the cop-baiters (aka "street racers" who drift around major intersections in their Elegies with NOS activated) because no roleplay will come out of it, just a useless pursuit where a lot of people will get into car crashes and whatnot for the suspect to get released out of SACF 3 hours later to do the exact same thing after.

As for Idlewood, that's a different topic. As everyone mentioned, Idlewood is a hub for Non RP/trolling/DMing or what have you. We can't, and we won't, approach a brawl of 20 people on our own or even with backup. That's just how it is. It's easy to blame the police side of the server since we're the official factions, but everyone that's been a part of PD/SD knows how much non RP/trolling/admin sits and /q's we deal with on a daily basis.
Shrekowski wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
I was in several illegal gang factions before that tried to enforce mandatory screenshots and they wouldn't let us do our own method they wanted us to do it "their way" which lead to people quitting because it got hella retarded. If you think it should be mandatory for cops then your clearly stupid (not to mention what Chef Lemon said, You haven't been in a LEO faction since 2015)
I get what both of you are saying and I don't mean to be of disrespect but I don't need to be a cop to know not much has changed. PD has drastically fallen in terms of strictness since Foran was removed and SD seems to be growing a bit more serious than when Brady ran it, but it's the same scenarios over and over again. Cops don't respond to non-emergency calls unless the server is absolutely dead, they continue to do their quarter-hourly nosey around Idlewood Motel and speed off again, they frequent Crenshaw and the 415 a lot more than anywhere else. I get it, in crime-ridden areas there will be higher police presence but it's almost as if they're camping for action. I've once had a cop call me and tell me my call of a stolen vehicle should be reported on the forums and not waste time on the hotline (??????). Not to mention as soon as a heated area dies down, the cops all scram and the only people you see are the bystanders and medics.

User avatar
Sisca
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Sisca » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Bluman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 pm
Chef Lemon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Looking at your signature, the last time you were in a LEO faction was 2015 — a lot has changed in those years believe or not. Police roleplay is no longer about getting the kills and pursuits. All factions have bad apples and these are the ones that people remember. One bad experience and you'll go and tell 40 people, one good experience and no one will know about it. It's human nature to only bring up the bad things. Visit the faction topics for PD/SD or all of the sub-topics these factions have in the Screenshots and Videos forum. A lot of people in PD/SD post screenshots on a regular basis.

As for the topic itself, as others have mentioned, we try to not fuel the cop-baiters (aka "street racers" who drift around major intersections in their Elegies with NOS activated) because no roleplay will come out of it, just a useless pursuit where a lot of people will get into car crashes and whatnot for the suspect to get released out of SACF 3 hours later to do the exact same thing after.

As for Idlewood, that's a different topic. As everyone mentioned, Idlewood is a hub for Non RP/trolling/DMing or what have you. We can't, and we won't, approach a brawl of 20 people on our own or even with backup. That's just how it is. It's easy to blame the police side of the server since we're the official factions, but everyone that's been a part of PD/SD knows how much non RP/trolling/admin sits and /q's we deal with on a daily basis.
Shrekowski wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
I was in several illegal gang factions before that tried to enforce mandatory screenshots and they wouldn't let us do our own method they wanted us to do it "their way" which lead to people quitting because it got hella retarded. If you think it should be mandatory for cops then your clearly stupid (not to mention what Chef Lemon said, You haven't been in a LEO faction since 2015)
I get what both of you are saying and I don't mean to be of disrespect but I don't need to be a cop to know not much has changed. PD has drastically fallen in terms of strictness since Foran was removed and SD seems to be growing a bit more serious than when Brady ran it, but it's the same scenarios over and over again. Cops don't respond to non-emergency calls unless the server is absolutely dead, they continue to do their quarter-hourly nosey around Idlewood Motel and speed off again, they frequent Crenshaw and the 415 a lot more than anywhere else. I get it, in crime-ridden areas there will be higher police presence but it's almost as if they're camping for action. I've once had a cop call me and tell me my call of a stolen vehicle should be reported on the forums and not waste time on the hotline (??????). Not to mention as soon as a heated area dies down, the cops all scram and the only people you see are the bystanders and medics.
(I can't speak for anyone in PD)

In SD we stay on scene until medical either A) Clears us, or B) (also what we usually do) wait for them to finish.
Also, there's a reason areas are frequented more, LSSD has a large organization for station-based assignments. When my primary assignment was patrol, I was assigned to the East Los Santos Station, and in turn I rped that. I didn't leave the zone my station had unless something happend IC that warranted it. It's not about just patrolling areas where action happens. Also, cop's respond to non-emergency calls a lot, I've responded to plenty.
The Ride

User avatar
BlueX
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by BlueX » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Bluman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 pm
Spoiler: show
Chef Lemon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Looking at your signature, the last time you were in a LEO faction was 2015 — a lot has changed in those years believe or not. Police roleplay is no longer about getting the kills and pursuits. All factions have bad apples and these are the ones that people remember. One bad experience and you'll go and tell 40 people, one good experience and no one will know about it. It's human nature to only bring up the bad things. Visit the faction topics for PD/SD or all of the sub-topics these factions have in the Screenshots and Videos forum. A lot of people in PD/SD post screenshots on a regular basis.

As for the topic itself, as others have mentioned, we try to not fuel the cop-baiters (aka "street racers" who drift around major intersections in their Elegies with NOS activated) because no roleplay will come out of it, just a useless pursuit where a lot of people will get into car crashes and whatnot for the suspect to get released out of SACF 3 hours later to do the exact same thing after.

As for Idlewood, that's a different topic. As everyone mentioned, Idlewood is a hub for Non RP/trolling/DMing or what have you. We can't, and we won't, approach a brawl of 20 people on our own or even with backup. That's just how it is. It's easy to blame the police side of the server since we're the official factions, but everyone that's been a part of PD/SD knows how much non RP/trolling/admin sits and /q's we deal with on a daily basis.
Shrekowski wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
I was in several illegal gang factions before that tried to enforce mandatory screenshots and they wouldn't let us do our own method they wanted us to do it "their way" which lead to people quitting because it got hella retarded. If you think it should be mandatory for cops then your clearly stupid (not to mention what Chef Lemon said, You haven't been in a LEO faction since 2015)
I get what both of you are saying and I don't mean to be of disrespect but I don't need to be a cop to know not much has changed. PD has drastically fallen in terms of strictness since Foran was removed and SD seems to be growing a bit more serious than when Brady ran it, but it's the same scenarios over and over again. Cops don't respond to non-emergency calls unless the server is absolutely dead, they continue to do their quarter-hourly nosey around Idlewood Motel and speed off again, they frequent Crenshaw and the 415 a lot more than anywhere else. I get it, in crime-ridden areas there will be higher police presence but it's almost as if they're camping for action. I've once had a cop call me and tell me my call of a stolen vehicle should be reported on the forums and not waste time on the hotline (??????). Not to mention as soon as a heated area dies down, the cops all scram and the only people you see are the bystanders and medics.
I think you're mistaken, both factions have not fallen in terms of strictness. For instances, not every single faction member has access to an M4 nor a shotgun. You need a qualification to hold an M4 which few faction members have access to and you also need a qualification to hold a shotgun.

The same applies to HSIU units, both factions got rid of them because they were not realistic at all, this has also improved the standards and lowered the number of high-performance pursuits we have.

When you mention that a player told you to report it on forums you're speaking about a specific case which should be dealt accordingly (either IC or OOC), you cannot generalize based on one sole experience. However, I do get your point, you have trigger-happy people inside both factions, but that's not exclusive to LEO factions. The same can be said on illegal factions, you have trigger-happy people there as well, but those are minorities and can be easily spotted by faction leaders and dealt accordingly to the said leaders.

Now I do understand that we should always fix things In-Character and I do support that idea, in fact, the reason why you don't have a lot of medics around is not the faction's fault, but rather due to the high number of shootings. The problem, however, is that sometimes things can't be dealt In-Character, mostly when you have trolls around that are not interested in role-play, but rather annoy you.
Image

User avatar
Kipps
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Kipps » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:15 pm

Foran's strict attitude only extended to him demanding people kill criminals by any means necessary, as if his faction's purpose was not to provide roleplay but to eradicate all crime on the server. It's totally unfounded, revisionist nonsense to suggest it was about anything else:

"There was no decision more overdue than the removal of this insufferable narcissist.

Every reason provided by faction management is concrete and I can't fathom why people believe otherwise. I'd go further and argue that their conclusions were conservative, but let's examine the key points:

Roleplay standards declined under Foran. This is absolutely true. That Foran believes ensuring standards is as straightforward as reducing time members spend in admin jail is telling. Most factions see good roleplay as something more than not deathmatching. Given Michael Houston used to look like Ross Kemp before Foran made him Hispanic (preempting incredulity by also giving him the middle name 'Gabriel'), he is plainly incapable of cultivating good roleplay. Changing a character's ethnicity is the behaviour of a level two, not the leader of the server's largest legal faction.

But because the LSPD has a monopoly on inner-city cop roleplay, good roleplayers did begrudgingly endure the faction's imbecilic leadership so they could play cops. Both Westbrook's GND and Fudge's SWAT were reformist groups within PD; they wanted character focused roleplay that the community liked. They were multiple times voted the best cop characters in the server's end of year polls. Both groups were faction banned on dubious charges - and with that the PD hemorrhaged many good roleplayers to SD and elsewhere. In their place Foran promoted the likes of admin-cum-despotic-paedophile Krisk, who was to roleplay what an AGM-114 Hellfire missile is to a wedding. Krisk's character - to use the term loosely - was named Keith Risk. This moron made Lieutenant in record time while good roleplayers who, incidentally, weren't paedophiles, were shown the door.

Foran took exception to people who appealed to the community first and he the Dear Leader second. The cult of personality was absurd, not least because Foran's personality is so unappetizing (think every douchebag Counter Strike server admin ever and you're about there).

His one defence for his backlog of bad decision making is very flimsy. He claims his main critics dislike him because he's treated them badly. Firstly, this doesn't invalidate the points above nor those put to him by faction management. Secondly, nearly everyone on the server has been wronged by him at some point. That he can piss off huge swathes of people is an indictment of his poor leadership and not an excuse for it."
The current climate in Idlewood can be more easily attributed to dumb Let's Play culture than behaviour by the LSPD/SASD. If anything, were cops to respond instead of passing by, these Idlewood trolls would be glad of the shootout.
horseman of the rpocalypse

User avatar
Gibbz
Game Administrator
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:57 am
Ingame name: Gibbs Brown

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Gibbz » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 pm

Because sometimes the people in Idlewood you are talking about offer no adequate roleplay to police officers or anyone in particular. PD members are not server administrators and they cannot enforce server rules or stop trolls. Back in 2014/2015 it was a common practice for PD/SD to just repeatedly /taser people until they start roleplaying, but now there's a clear distinction between their IC powers and OOC role (or the lack thereof). As a PD member, there's not much you can do to make a troll roleplay properly apart from /reporting them but even then, if someone isn't interested in roleplay they're just going to want to rush things or get out of the situation in any way, hence most police officers avoid roleplaying with someone who has no interest in RP the first place.

Any crime/brawl/etc that is the result of decent roleplay though should be and is almost always investigated by police.

User avatar
stan1ey
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by stan1ey » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:56 pm

Peak. wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:48 pm
The latter would never be avoided.
Image

I assume youre a legal rper? this happens all the time
Image

User avatar
Peak.
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Peak. » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:31 pm

stan1ey wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:56 pm
Peak. wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:48 pm
The latter would never be avoided.
Image

I assume youre a legal rper? this happens all the time
Should then haha..
Image

Doctor Ted Sobel, M.D - Alive
Los Santos County Clinic

User avatar
Sisca
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by Sisca » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:41 am

It boils down to the rp being shown back is extremely sub par. No one wants to put in effort for someone who wont. Thats how most humans work, most people posting here from all sides are no different.
The Ride

User avatar
shotofwhiskey
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 547
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:20 am

Re: Why do the cops drive by crime scenes?

Post by shotofwhiskey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:51 am

I can't recall the last time I stopped at a corpse in the road and had a response when questioned about how it became to be. Hell I've even made a game of it. Pull up, stop; /do What would be seen? - ((Player has respawned))

The issue lies on both sides of the fence. You want LEO RPers to RP with all these bodies, brawls and what have you. Provide some RP.

Locked

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Badman Mike, Denz