Street Demons (my idea of a car club faction)

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: FM, Game Admins, Lead Admins

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Yxung_Ghxul

Street Demons (my idea of a car club faction)

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am

Hello there, LSRP players. IRL and ICly I am a car-enthusiast or w/e you want to call it. Personally I really enjoy seeing other people like me, and I love to spend time RPing on my car. Thing is - nowadays on LSRP, I don't see as much car-RPers. I had this idea in my mind of a car club by the name of "Street Demons", infact yes - it'll be somewhat of a racing crew. But my idea is a car club that hosts up car meets, goes on the highway, doing roll racing and such. About illegal races, they'll be done frequently if enough people are up for that. The races would include bets and other generic street racing stuff. BUT! Is anyone still interested in such things? Reply to this discussion and tell me your opinion on my faction idea. Peace out!

Edit : I made a faceinvader group, feel free to join it - https://faceinvader.net/groups/50
Last edited by SuddenRoleplay on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColossalBQ
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Street Demons (my idea of a car club faction)

Post by ColossalBQ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

As long as you don't make adverts that there's an illegal race going on at X location then you and your faction will be taken serious from this community and people will like what you are doing. You can also go for a faction if you are following that sort of roleplay because there isn't any faction that roleplays around the cars as far as I know, I would like to tell you that it is a nice thing if you start off something unique, put in effort and see where events lead to you to, there's factions that started with different purpose and ended up in a way different roleplay, go for it.

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -A. P

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

ColossalBQ wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am
As long as you don't make adverts that there's an illegal race going on at X location then you and your faction will be taken serious from this community and people will like what you are doing. You can also go for a faction if you are following that sort of roleplay because there isn't any faction that roleplays around the cars as far as I know, I would like to tell you that it is a nice thing if you start off something unique, put in effort and see where events lead to you to, there's factions that started with different purpose and ended up in a way different roleplay, go for it.
Thanks for the feedbag, Colossal. Also, the thing with the advertisments about ILLEGAL races is just straight out stupid, I've seen people get kicked for illegal advertisments - I'll never do such thing, it's dumb. There was LS Import, but they locked the thread cause the faction got a bit inactive, as far as I know it'll be back soon, other than it - no other faction RPs around cars. And another thing - I am not very good with writing, so I kinda' need help with faction thread. That's why I need people interested in the actual car club, so someone can help me. I would really appriciate help. Again, thanks for the feedback.
I also want my illegal faction activities to change the PD/SD's opinion on us (Car RPers), because - as I see, cops don't care as much for reckless driving and I know why - mallrats, non-RP driving idiots (I am sometimes one of these idiots). But yeah, I want to get cops' attention, so my illegal activities lead into concequences.

Dan beaver
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Dan beaver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 pm

I'd be interested, hit me up on Discord Mohammed#5159
“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Dan beaver wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 pm
I'd be interested, hit me up on Discord Mohammed#5159
[OFF-TOPIC] I sent you a friend request on Discord, mine's SuddenRoleplay :)

Bluman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Melvin Davis

Post by Bluman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

There's unwritten golden rules to running a car faction. A lot of people say "no elegies" and "no 24/7" racing, although they're typically the people who stand on corners posted up and slanging when that culture just does not happen in modern LA, mainly due to strict gang injunctions.
Anyway, there was a faction called LS IMPORT which closed about a week ago. Might be the best faction I've seen in a while but they only seemed to show blocks of text changing parts up and stuff, not showing any emotion or development and when you work with cars IRL it's a bit boring to only see creative language used while changing parts.

Personally I think a decent car club would:
  • Not obsess over cars so much. IRL we love cars but we're not constantly driving around and racing 24/7, most of us are poor as fuck.
  • Don't forget about character and personality. It's good to show off what you know under the hood but we're reading screenplay, not a Haynes manual.
  • Avoid publicity. I can't stress this enough: You don't want to risk losing your pride and joy or ability to drive!! People speed, race etc daily but they're few and far between. The most you get is just small meets between a closed group.
    • There's literally the baron environments of SF and LV that are far enough away from the cops. Of course these locations could be roleplayed as 'out of the way' or in the sticks.
  • If you decide to use expensive cars, for the love of god leave them out of East and South LS. You wouldn't even think about driving your pride and joy through the gang capital. IRL people even leave their beaters unlocked out of fear of having a window smashed.
    • I'm not sure what goes through some people's heads but whenever I see cars such as Infernus' or Cheetahs cruising through Ganton or Crenshaw it really fucks up the immersion.

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Bluman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm
There's unwritten golden rules to running a car faction. A lot of people say "no elegies" and "no 24/7" racing, although they're typically the people who stand on corners posted up and slanging when that culture just does not happen in modern LA, mainly due to strict gang injunctions.
Anyway, there was a faction called LS IMPORT which closed about a week ago. Might be the best faction I've seen in a while but they only seemed to show blocks of text changing parts up and stuff, not showing any emotion or development and when you work with cars IRL it's a bit boring to only see creative language used while changing parts.

Personally I think a decent car club would:
  • Not obsess over cars so much. IRL we love cars but we're not constantly driving around and racing 24/7, most of us are poor as fuck.
  • Don't forget about character and personality. It's good to show off what you know under the hood but we're reading screenplay, not a Haynes manual.
  • Avoid publicity. I can't stress this enough: You don't want to risk losing your pride and joy or ability to drive!! People speed, race etc daily but they're few and far between. The most you get is just small meets between a closed group.
    • There's literally the baron environments of SF and LV that are far enough away from the cops. Of course these locations could be roleplayed as 'out of the way' or in the sticks.
  • If you decide to use expensive cars, for the love of god leave them out of East and South LS. You wouldn't even think about driving your pride and joy through the gang capital. IRL people even leave their beaters unlocked out of fear of having a window smashed.
    • I'm not sure what goes through some people's heads but whenever I see cars such as Infernus' or Cheetahs cruising through Ganton or Crenshaw it really fucks up the immersion.
^ You're god of guides, xD. 1 - Thanks for the feedback.
2- I myself hate seeing too much Elegies around, but if you ask me, it's one of the best cars to RP, I myself RP an Elegy as a Nissan Silvia S13. For me the Elegy is the perfect choice. You're kind of right. LS Import's screens were only about changing parts and such, although the thread said else-wise (No hate towards the faction). About the obsession over cars, yes. Most car-people/enthusiasts are normal people, that just enjoy touching their car and driving it around. About the racing publicity, again yes. The races of our car club faction would be out of LS, as we are aware of cops catching us while doing illegal activites. But the faction itself won't circle around only racing, it'll be just a big society of car-people. We would talk about our cars, we'll create new friendships. About the expensive cars/supercars/hypercars, again yes. Nobody would drive a.. let's say 750K car thru' a gang zone/turf, because it'll most likely get stolen + the owner would get robbed. Also, it's most likely the owner should just park at his garage and take it out only for a drive, not leave it on the street. Again, thanks for the feeback, Blu' - I hope when I make this faction, I see you come-by our car meets or such. Peace <3

Tommy Sieczkowski
LS:RP Tester

Post by Tommy Sieczkowski » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Just don't roleplay a Japanese please. We've seen enough Tokyo Drift squadrons.

Tom Azzurri
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Tom Azzurri » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm

I'd suggest a FaceInvader group of said car enthusiasts/racers, you can post via. the group where the race is held that way the cops dont see it and its more realistic

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Tommy Sieczkowski wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm
Just don't roleplay a Japanese please. We've seen enough Tokyo Drift squadrons.
Well, every kind of race would be allowed in this car club. I am not racist, nor my character is - I myself am RPing a Japanese character, :P. Sorry if annoy you, but that's how it is.

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Tom Azzurri wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm
I'd suggest a FaceInvader group of said car enthusiasts/racers, you can post via. the group where the race is held that way the cops dont see it and its more realistic
That's an amazing suggestion. I actually didn't think of that, legit. Will definatly do one. There I could post where the events would be at. Thank you <3

Nissan_
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nissan_ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm

I'd suggest working towards making an illegal side of the faction, so like making connections and what so ever, if done right, it would be an amazing thing. There's so much role-play to enjoy and so many ideas with making connections and building up an illegal side to your faction.

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Nissan_ wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
I'd suggest working towards making an illegal side of the faction, so like making connections and what so ever, if done right, it would be an amazing thing. There's so much role-play to enjoy and so many ideas with making connections and building up an illegal side to your faction.
Thanks for the suggestion, Nissan. You're my fav car brand :P. Also, you're right - I will make connections, so it won't be as hard to do illegal activities. Thanks for suggestion again. Peace.

Nissan_
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nissan_ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 pm

SuddenRoleplay wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Nissan_ wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, Nissan. You're my fav car brand :P. Also, you're right - I will make connections, so it won't be as hard to do illegal activities. Thanks for suggestion again. Peace.
Just to give you an idea, don't utilise them for drugs and guns only - make sure to uitlise them for illegal events, underground racing and w/e racers do. Make sure to make the most out of it instead of drugs and guns.

SuddenRoleplay
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by SuddenRoleplay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Nissan_ wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 pm
SuddenRoleplay wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Nissan_ wrote:
Just to give you an idea, don't utilise them for drugs and guns only - make sure to uitlise them for illegal events, underground racing and w/e racers do. Make sure to make the most out of it instead of drugs and guns.
I'll even try to keep drugs and guns out of the car club. It's a /car/ club, not a gang. But sometimes, trusted people and the leader would deal with guns and drugs for financial help. Also, yeah. I would need connections for hosting illegal events.

Return to “General Discussions”