Connection Problem

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Junior Developers, Lead Admins

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Connection Problem

Post by K-Trap » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm

I am unable to connect to any server on SAMP for more than around 10 seconds. I was playing before without any problems but ever since I got an upgraded internet I get this error. It is annoying as it means I basically cannot play at all. I have tried using an Ethernet cable and it fixes the problem however this option makes the internet horrible for others in my house and they end up complaining.
I get this error every time I join the game and spawn in:
The error has nothing to do with my name I don't think due to the game working with my ethernet cable. I also tried using a VPN on other servers and it also fixes the problem so I don't know why it doesn't work when I try and connect through a wireless connection. I'm also good on other games and have no problems, seems to just be SAMP.
Any help?

Noelle
Protect and Serve

Re: Connection Problem

Post by Noelle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm

I'd personally propose you not to use any sort of VPN as they are prohibited in this particular server. Concerning your issue, I'd delete SA in general and proceed reinstalling it; see if it'll work.
'Meow'

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 pm

LeHaze wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm
I'd personally propose you not to use any sort of VPN as they are prohibited in this particular server. Concerning your issue, I'd delete SA in general and proceed reinstalling it; see if it'll work.
Yeah I said I used it on another server, and in regards to your solution it did not work.

ColossalBQ
A Tradition of Service

Post by ColossalBQ » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 am

If you use ethernet cable and you don't get kicked out of the server that means your internet is stable, I believe you are using WIFI and your internet is not balanced and bumping (?), that is the only issue I could think of, you are probably timed out for a second or two, what is the distance from your computer to the modem?

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -A. P

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 pm

ColossalBQ wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 am
If you use ethernet cable and you don't get kicked out of the server that means your internet is stable, I believe you are using WIFI and your internet is not balanced and bumping (?), that is the only issue I could think of, you are probably timed out for a second or two, what is the distance from your computer to the modem?
I'm upstairs and the modem is downstairs directly below me, if you were to walk to it, it would take less than 10 seconds to get to it from my room. I didn't have this issue before but as soon as I changed my modem to a supposed /better/ one with better distances it occurred.
I have tried two different dongles and the problem still occurs so it must be the connection bumping like you said and then reconnecting too quickly. Is there any way to fix this though?

ColossalBQ
A Tradition of Service

Post by ColossalBQ » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 pm

K-Trap wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 pm
ColossalBQ wrote:
I'm upstairs and the modem is downstairs directly below me, if you were to walk to it, it would take less than 10 seconds to get to it from my room. I didn't have this issue before but as soon as I changed my modem to a supposed /better/ one with better distances it occurred.
I have tried two different dongles and the problem still occurs so it must be the connection bumping like you said and then reconnecting too quickly. Is there any way to fix this though?
The walls weaken the WIFI signal a lot, my computer has less than a meter distance and that's why I never encountered issues, there is no fix all you can do is get closer to the WIFI modem or just use the ethernet cable still, you need stability (no timeout or internet bumping) to play with no issues.

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -A. P

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

ColossalBQ wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 pm
K-Trap wrote:
ColossalBQ wrote:
The walls weaken the WIFI signal a lot, my computer has less than a meter distance and that's why I never encountered issues, there is no fix all you can do is get closer to the WIFI modem or just use the ethernet cable still, you need stability (no timeout or internet bumping) to play with no issues.
I use a internet booster in my room so the signal is stronger, I don't know if this helps at all, obviously not I guess I'll see what I can do then.
There is also an ethernet slot on the booster and if I plug it into that it is fine also, but it reduces the speed for others in the house so I can't use it for long.

Complaicant
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Asshole

Post by Complaicant » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:42 pm

K-Trap wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm
ColossalBQ wrote:
K-Trap wrote:

I use a internet booster in my room so the signal is stronger, I don't know if this helps at all, obviously not I guess I'll see what I can do then.
There is also an ethernet slot on the booster and if I plug it into that it is fine also, but it reduces the speed for others in the house so I can't use it for long.
The booster will help a little bit, but WiFi is still always going to be slower then an ethernet connection. If the booster is wireless itself, then that could potentially cause even more latency because your wifi signal has to hop to a new device before it will reach your actual NIC card. The fact of the matter is is that your WiFi connection is simply not stable enough. If you are able to run an ethernet cable then do it. There is really no other way to solve the issue you're having.

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 am

Complaicant wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:42 pm
K-Trap wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm
ColossalBQ wrote:

The booster will help a little bit, but WiFi is still always going to be slower then an ethernet connection. If the booster is wireless itself, then that could potentially cause even more latency because your wifi signal has to hop to a new device before it will reach your actual NIC card. The fact of the matter is is that your WiFi connection is simply not stable enough. If you are able to run an ethernet cable then do it. There is really no other way to solve the issue you're having.
Yeah I'll have to, it's weird it just happens on SAMP though, all other games are fine and my internet is really good and I have no problems. It's annoying.

November
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: freddie

Post by November » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:13 am

This is not a game issue at all. This is a connection problem, what speeds are you getting on your broadband. Google "Internet speed test" for me and tell me what you're getting for your download speed.

So_Lucky
Protect and Serve

Post by So_Lucky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:58 am

Are you able to rest your IP and have you tried turning off and on your modem and a period of time.

synder
LS:RP Modding Team

Post by synder » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 am

Where are you from? Do you use Wi-Fi or ethernet? If you're using Wi-Fi, how far away are you from your router? Are you ever able to log in game or does this happen on occasion?

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:31 pm

November wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:13 am
This is not a game issue at all. This is a connection problem, what speeds are you getting on your broadband. Google "Internet speed test" for me and tell me what you're getting for your download speed.
I get 25.3 mbps download speed.
synder wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 am
Where are you from? Do you use Wi-Fi or ethernet? If you're using Wi-Fi, how far away are you from your router? Are you ever able to log in game or does this happen on occasion?
I'm from the UK. I use WiFi but the problem fixes itself when I plug in my ethernet cable to a wifi booster in my room. I can't log on any server using WiFi without the problem happening however any other game is fine.
So_Lucky wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:58 am
Are you able to rest your IP and have you tried turning off and on your modem and a period of time.
Yes I've turned it off and reset the IP so it gave me a new one, still occurs.

Complaicant
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Asshole

Post by Complaicant » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:27 am

K-Trap wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:31 pm
synder wrote:
I'm from the UK. I use WiFi but the problem fixes itself when I plug in my ethernet cable to a wifi booster in my room. I can't log on any server using WiFi without the problem happening however any other game is fine.
This is your issue then. Your WiFi booster requires a cable to be plugged into it that originates from your router/modem or else it's not functioning and not on your network. When there is no ethernet cable plugged into the booster it is essentially a paper weight.

K-Trap
Mafia Don
Mafia Don

Post by K-Trap » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Complaicant wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:27 am
K-Trap wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:31 pm
synder wrote:
This is your issue then. Your WiFi booster requires a cable to be plugged into it that originates from your router/modem or else it's not functioning and not on your network. When there is no ethernet cable plugged into the booster it is essentially a paper weight.
So I should run an Ethernet cable from my router into the WiFi booster?

Return to “Q&TS Archive”