Civilian

[Boxing Instructor] Benjamin Holt [A]

Post by Lil Ben » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 pm

BOXING INSTRUCTOR JOB APPLICATION

• Character name: Benjamin Holt
    Character age: 26
    Character level: 15

Character's current faction: Take None, Give None

Are you applying to be a Kung-Fu Instructor or a Boxing Instructor?: Boxing instructor.

How will your character's faction affect your role-playing style for the job?: My character is an amateur boxer who is now associated to the Chosen Few MC through their gym, Ganton Boxing. Benjamin, after a continuous interaction with the Chosen Few, is now employed at Ganton Boxing as an instructor and supervisor. The faction is giving me the opportunity to role-play inside one of their premises and take advantage of a business which attracts other players on a daily basis. Just the other night we had around 10 players in the gym, each and every one of them role-playing their training session or sparring. The faction role-plays around the gym a lot, which will help bring even more players together to create a good atmoshpere at the gym.

Why do you want the fighting instructor job?: I first thought I could do it without the job itself, that people would do it for only role-playing purposes, but that was naive from me. I want the fighting instructor job because we've got people role-playing daily around the gym, paying memberships and putting in work and effort in their training sessions, and a lot of them were disappointed to hear that I didn't have the job. Hence, my application.

How do you intend to train characters?: I'll do my best to keep it as realistic as possible. Ganton Boxing is in the heart of the hood, which means that a lot of kids coming to the gym are prone to stick to the streets. The faction I'm role-playing at is far from being a gang, in fact, most of our characters disagree with the gang-banging style, for which they will always do their best to have a street kid around the gym rather than on the streets. This means that my character will be interacting with bangers or soon-to-be bangers, which gives everything a little twist. It's a gritty gym, in a gritty area; for which training sessions are going to get gritty. We don't have treadmills nor bicycles in the gym, which means that there's going to be a lot of outside training. Working the bag, shadowboxing, skipping the rope (criss-cross and double-unders), cardio, stance and footwork, speedbag, and a long etcetera of variations that may be applied.

Do you have any previous experience role-playing as a fighting instructor?: No, this is my first time role-playing an actual fighter & instructor. Nonetheless, I do count with 7 years of OOC experience in fighting. I've done mainly Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu throughout my life, but have also done boxing and kick boxing. Nonetheless, I know how a training session goes and how a boxing instructor will act.

Iudex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: [Boxing Instructor] Benjamin Holt [A]

Post by Iudex » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Boxing Instructor Application — ACCEPTED

Dear Lil Ben,

We have reviewed your application for the Boxing Instructor job. Your log will be created and you will have to update it here: Click. In order to receive the job, please /report in-game once for a level 3 administrator to set it and refer them to this application.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Iudex
Side Job Moderator
He saw them too. They were armored all in snow, it seemed to him, and ribbons of mist swirled back from their shoulders. The visors of their helms were closed, but he did not need to look upon their faces to know them.

Return to “Accepted”