The new vehicles added, on /v buy. (Trucker career vehicles)

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Bipolar Russian.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Mikhail_Jakolov

Re: The new vehicles added, on /v buy. (Trucker career vehic

Post by Bipolar Russian. » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Especially the Yankee would be great for RP's. Kind of tired storing all my guns in Sentinels etc.

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm actually happy that everybody agrees with the restriction as well. Thanks for the positive support, guys.
основа

Angrenost
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Angrenost » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I suggested something like this a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=319&t=152179

Like I said in my post, we'd be allowing a LOT more roleplay with the ability to own and use realistic transporting vehicles (and not just Burritos).

Foster161
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by Foster161 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Definitely a suggestion that' worth it.

Also, as someone mentioned, raise their price, by about 30% or so. I don't think that anyone would bother doing crazy stuff with the linerunner truck after spending 50 hours working for it.
Account breached sometime in Q4 2016 / Q1 2017, apologies for any inconvinience, to whom it may concern.

If you've been contacted by this account, please let me know, all help is welcome.

Matt_Ham
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Matt_Ham » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:16 am

Adding to it, if someone wants to RP using one of the trucks for what ever reason, the trucker driving the truck has to do /truckermission to start the engine, then for whoever is involved in the RP, illegal or legal, they would have to risk getting demoted and losing quite a lot of hours, since you can't /lock or /engine the truck either, and if its illegal RP, getting arrested and leaving the truck and goods there would definitely get you demoted.
Armando Mejia

Bipolar Russian.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Bipolar Russian. » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:24 am

Matt_Ham wrote:Adding to it, if someone wants to RP using one of the trucks for what ever reason, the trucker driving the truck has to do /truckermission to start the engine, then for whoever is involved in the RP, illegal or legal, they would have to risk getting demoted and losing quite a lot of hours, since you can't /lock or /engine the truck either, and if its illegal RP, getting arrested and leaving the truck and goods there would definitely get you demoted.

This is true also.
Very little reasons not to add them to the buyable list, to be honest.

Mr. Bridger
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Ray Avena

Post by Mr. Bridger » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

I haven't got my head around the recent changes, but I had assumed most of the trucks were available in the dealerships. They should definitely be purchasable.

Like Nine says, you can get hold of similar trucks in real life very easily - and surprisingly cheaply. I would prefer there to be a "Truckers' Licence" system instead of the job-based restrictions, but that's a different issue.

Put them in the dealerships.

Mazzieh
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by Mazzieh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Bipolar Russian. wrote:
Matt_Ham wrote:Adding to it, if someone wants to RP using one of the trucks for what ever reason, the trucker driving the truck has to do /truckermission to start the engine, then for whoever is involved in the RP, illegal or legal, they would have to risk getting demoted and losing quite a lot of hours, since you can't /lock or /engine the truck either, and if its illegal RP, getting arrested and leaving the truck and goods there would definitely get you demoted.

This is true also.
Very little reasons not to add them to the buyable list, to be honest.

There are no reasons not to add them tbh.

Xeodium
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by Xeodium » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 am

Plus adding them to buylist will reduce possible metagame.. I mean, now when you see a truck - you know, ooooh it's a trucker, lets *rob* him for 200$ he has, shoot him for fun and hopefully make him demoted.. trollololol.
Mmmm...

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:36 am

Mr. Bridger wrote:I haven't got my head around the recent changes, but I had assumed most of the trucks were available in the dealerships. They should definitely be purchasable.

Like Nine says, you can get hold of similar trucks in real life very easily - and surprisingly cheaply. I would prefer there to be a "Truckers' Licence" system instead of the job-based restrictions, but that's a different issue.

Put them in the dealerships.

You got that right, my dear friend. I've been browsing, lately, in Craiglist and ebay, and they even sell out old trucks that were cement trucks and such. There are even look-a-like Yankee vehicles in real life that are being sold in this moment, even C.O.E trucks that are used for transport.

This is a MUST if we are talking about Trucker career's vehicles.

To the last post, the vehicles will be only for truckers with the right rank, because it'll minimize the idiotic driving.
основа

v-dubmasta
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by v-dubmasta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Mr. Bridger wrote: I would prefer there to be a "Truckers' Licence" system instead of the job-based restrictions

Adding to this.

Most trucks in the US have air brakes, which require a CDL(Commercial Drivers License). Most trucks that are as big as the 'Yankee' need to have air brakes and require the license. People caught driving trucks with air brakes that do not have a CDL can get into serious trouble with the law and may risk getting their license revoked. Saying that, I think a CDL system should be implemented and the test for the license should be more complicated than the normal one. Also, most Boxville-like trucks have disk brakes and do not require CDL's.

Mister Niko
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Maximilian_Santaigo

Post by Mister Niko » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:18 am

I'd agree on the mentioned cars, but why not a securicar as well?
It would cost a lot, but it isn't anything restricted in the USA, unlike the SWAT trucks and other such

Bipolar Russian.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Bipolar Russian. » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:55 am

Mister Niko wrote:I'd agree on the mentioned cars, but why not a securicar as well?
It would cost a lot, but it isn't anything restricted in the USA, unlike the SWAT trucks and other such

The Securicar is not really realistic. If only the Yankee and I would be happy.

xale
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by xale » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Yes! Make them buyable for everyone, I would rather have sadler than the Yosemite while I have the trucker career. Pony should also be added as a trucker career vehicle. Anyhow, great suggestion.

Bipolar Russian.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Bipolar Russian. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Any update on this?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”