Unlocked Burritos

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Hustler001
Mafia
Mafia

Unlocked Burritos

Post by Hustler001 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

It's about the unlocked Burritos that everyone can use, it looks like everyone has the right to 'steal' one and drive it around randomly, even if you don't work for any company ICly, so cops can't even charge drivers for grand theft auto in this case. I'm suggesting that all static Burritos (component vans) should only be available to those who own a business and/or work for one. (Since that's basically what the Burritos are for, buying components for bizes). Everyone else shouldn't be able to enter them, but instead, pay $2500 in order to start their engine (just like rentals, Bobcats).

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Unlocked Burritos

Post by Ferdinand » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 pm

I thought they were useless and just remained in the script for some strange outdated reason.
But yeah make it so that you have to start a mission (like /truckermission) if you want to buy/transport components to your business, and its engine stays off unless the mission is active.

Then again if people just do /compmission (the command, for the sake of the argument, to trigger the components delivery mission) and leave the van around with its engine on, people can enter it and drive off because it has no job requirement (unlike static Sadlers with their engine on). Something should be done about them being used though.

nitraM
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Sylvester_Triggs

Post by nitraM » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 am

Hustler001 wrote:It's about the unlocked Burritos that everyone can use, it looks like everyone has the right to 'steal' one and drive it around randomly, even if you don't work for any company ICly, so cops can't even charge drivers for grand theft auto in this case. I'm suggesting that all static Burritos (component vans) should only be available to those who own a business and/or work for one. (Since that's basically what the Burritos are for, buying components for bizes). Everyone else shouldn't be able to enter them, but instead, pay $2500 in order to start their engine (just like rentals, Bobcats).

? What IC reason would you have to charge them grand theft auto anyways? Why are you OOCly mad that someone is driving a burrito.. it makes absolutely no sense.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 am

nitraM wrote:Why are you OOCly mad that someone is driving a burrito.. it makes absolutely no sense.

It's a static vehicle that everyone can use. People drive them in a nonRP way (ramming and lagpitting others) because it's not theirs so they don't have to care about damage - even if they wreck the van they can just jump out and continue walking with no repercussions.

Glays
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by Glays » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am

I've had a situation with this, I pursued someone with his own private vehicle, it blew up, he just ran into a black Burrito and just restarted the pursuit, it does get annoying, but we cant just let new people walk around without cars.

nitraM
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Sylvester_Triggs

Post by nitraM » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
nitraM wrote:Why are you OOCly mad that someone is driving a burrito.. it makes absolutely no sense.

It's a static vehicle that everyone can use. People drive them in a nonRP way (ramming and lagpitting others) because it's not theirs so they don't have to care about damage - even if they wreck the van they can just jump out and continue walking with no repercussions.

/report for any rulebreaking.

Hustler001
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hustler001 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm

nitraM wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:

/report for any rulebreaking.

I'm didn't get mad at anyone for driving them, no, it's just that people use them without working for any company ICly and drive them around whenever they want without a proper reason.

I'm sorry, nitraM, what's your problem?You have any downsides or arguments against this suggestion?Go ahead and say them, otherwise don't spam this thread with useless posts. Thank you.

Comptonz
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Comptonz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

It's true, incredibly stupid why these vans are available for anybody to just take. I won't lie, before I had a car they were useful, but still unrealistic and shouldn't be here.
BANNED - (Burn Notice from the server LOL)

Shammy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: KEG_Smells

Post by Shammy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Forwarding.
Shammy
Image Image Image

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development