House Address

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Réno
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

House Address

Post by Réno » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 pm

I just looked over the change log, and saw that now, you can see your actual house address in /myhouse, and that's awsome!

My suggestion builds on the new change, to remove the "You're standing on Barrack Obama's porch." To instead display the property's scripted address, and not just give you the name of the player!

While we're at it, players should be able to choose whether or not their name should be listed on the door along with the address, probably via a /myhouse command.

Ideas and feedback?

Valencia
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester

Re: House Address

Post by Valencia » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:29 am

this could be cool, but not every home has a physical address. i live in the outside complex in Blueberry and it gives me

[22:28:25] Your House address is 293 Unknown, Red County, Red County 890, San Andreas

if all the kinks could be worked out i think it would be great

WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Post by WhiteShadow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:02 am

I like it but perhaps this should be suggested (if it's not going to be implemented by Mmartin) when the actual full feature behind the street names (which I assume is the MDC script) comes out to avoid problems on all sides.

Réno
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Réno » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:58 pm

WhiteShadow wrote:I like it but perhaps this should be suggested (if it's not going to be implemented by Mmartin) when the actual full feature behind the street names (which I assume is the MDC script) comes out to avoid problems on all sides.
My suspicion as well that it would be part of the MDC script, and I completely agree. This is mostly just a quality of life change, where the MDC has been a large overhaul in the making for a long time!

WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Post by WhiteShadow » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:18 am

Réno wrote:
WhiteShadow wrote:I like it but perhaps this should be suggested (if it's not going to be implemented by Mmartin) when the actual full feature behind the street names (which I assume is the MDC script) comes out to avoid problems on all sides.
My suspicion as well that it would be part of the MDC script, and I completely agree. This is mostly just a quality of life change, where the MDC has been a large overhaul in the making for a long time!
Our MDC at the moment does not show the specific street name or number (as you should know), we usually contact CITY so they can roleplay checking the address and the number, that's when they give us the information, we then usually go by the checkpoints outside each house so we can OOCly confirm that it's the correct house as we already have the details ICly.

If this suggestion goes through it's going to be more complicated to figure out who lives where in case PD/SD (or even DOC Parole) needs to know. It shouldn't be changed until the MDC script comes in because then we can actually find out who lives where exactly.

Principessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Principessa » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:27 pm

This idea has been suggested and forwarded in the past, but since /streetname and addresses in /myhouse were added, I'm going to forward this as well.

Marauder
Game Administrator

Post by Marauder » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Implemented 5.6.003 - 26 JAN 17

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”