/mask - revamp

The old suggestion board. Can be used to cross-reference your posts (read the header).

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers, Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

tjofi
Mafia
Mafia

/mask - revamp

Post by tjofi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Restrict the command access to:
- People with admin permission, to avoid abuse explained in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1563&t=656578
- People who have a clothing item covering their face at the moment of using the command, in which way you would enhance the realistic concept, currently whoever buys the OOC MASK can use it whenever they want, mostly to abuse it. The command should only be used when player has IC intentions to cover their identity, not just randomly like everyone does.

I also see no reason of /mask expiring 15 minutes after logging out (except it being a source of money as you need to donate to keep it).
It's like you buy any other item from Mall and it disappears when you disconnect.
/v dup already had this changed, people now keep the keys on them after they /q. Same should be with /mask, provided that not everyone can buy it, explained above within restrictions.

Surreal
Management

Re: /mask - revamp

Post by Surreal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 am

I don't think /mask should be restricted to admin permission.

That being said, what are people's thoughts on the second point about requiring a clothing item to use a /mask?

Brooks
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Marcus Walsh_Wade Brooks

Post by Brooks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

I think things will be too complicated when it comes to admin permission and it will create a lot of unpleasantry.
Surreal wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 am

That being said, what are people's thoughts on the second point about requiring a clothing item to use a /mask?
I agree, yet I feel as if we should allow /mask to be used in vehicles by detectives regardless of clothing items. I see why people could argue that it is not fair for them not being able to do the same, but I think we need to draw a fine line between the purpose and the importance of police detectives and the general community in regards to operations - detectives involve themselves in a lot of work which requires covert actions to be taken (and /mask does somewhat count), whereas the general public doesn't. Then again, I do not mind if detectives wouldn't be exempt from this rule only within vehicles.

To prevent any misunderstanding or conflict if this were to become a thing, I am in support of clothing items being a necessity when it comes to using /mask, be it on foot or in a car, cop or not.

.kickback
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: da 1 thas fuckin yo bitch

Post by .kickback » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

Mask should stay the same, it should have your mask ID on top of your head however. If you were to buy a mask from a 24/7, It should automatically put an IC mask on the model.
.kickback
Do you believe in angels?
You either leave early as a good roleplayer, or you stay long enough to be labelled as a dmer.

tjofi
Mafia
Mafia

Post by tjofi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Or that. When you /mask, a mask item is attached to your face which you can adjust to fit your skin.
Detectives and undercover LEOs should instead of using /mask, have a feature that just changes the name tag color to white as every other regular player, rather than blue indicating they are on duty.

Brooks
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Marcus Walsh_Wade Brooks

Post by Brooks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

tjofi wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm
Or that. When you /mask, a mask item is attached to your face which you can adjust to fit your skin.
Detectives and undercover LEOs should instead of using /mask, have a feature that just changes the name tag color to white as every other regular player, rather than blue indicating they are on duty.
The nametag color change for detectives is already a thing and it is permitted.

I disagree, however, with having a mask item bind to players automatically.

People should be allowed to be creative and make their own mask with their own design should they wish, it's possible and I am sure that a lot of people would appreciate the opportunity to explore that option if equipping a clothing item to conceal your face were to become a necessity, which again I do think it should.

Fractilla
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Fractilla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Remove mask completely & replace it with something unique to cater to a perk being removed from donator status in order to help fund LSRP.

Cantbehudson
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Cantbehudson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm

As Dills said, people should be able to do it their own creative way, so I would not force any object on people. There are skins that are masked. I see no reason to disallow /mask in vehicles.
Not around now. ^^

callate
Gangster
Gangster

Post by callate » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:02 pm

I think MASKs should have numbers above their names, at the least. This way it can easier to identify them to reports.
smoking on that zeko, fat head, tutu, tooka, lil marc, jojo
yes we do it (gang)

Jahern
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Jahern » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Surreal wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 am

Honesty. It's kinda pointless to require a clothing item to cover your face aka use the /mask command. I only say this because of LSPD and the LSSD have unmarks, which allow us to mask up because it's not a marked cruiser.
THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE
I AM THE SHEEPDOG PROTECTING THE NIGHT — DYLAN BIENVENIDA
LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT — "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE."
GANG AND NARCOTICS DIVISION — "WE INTIMIDATE THOSE WHO INTIMIDATE OTHERS"
"The Devil whispered in my ear, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm.' Today I whispered in the Devil's ear, "I am the storm.'" -Unknown

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 am

I think it's also sensible for people to /mask in a vehicle, but then unmask if they step out (like Police/Sheriff's Detectives do). This mimics the unmarked nature of a vehicle, or tinted windows, and doesn't make it immediately obvious who's driving the vehicle.

Taskforce
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Taskforce » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Mask should remain accessible as it is now. In many cases players/officers metagame your nametag to somehow perfectly describe your identity, yet when you are wearing an OOC mask, they start to stutter about the way you look.

Gapis
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Dwayne Roxterhood

Post by Gapis » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Taskforce wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm
Mask should remain accessible as it is now. In many cases players/officers metagame your nametag to somehow perfectly describe your identity, yet when you are wearing an OOC mask, they start to stutter about the way you look.
Following that logic, we should remove nicknames entirely.

No, the same base rules should apply to each "branch" of roleplay, be it law enforcement, criminal or civilian. Mask is a very powerful tool that can be very helpful but is also very easy to abuse, and it makes any of that abuse very hard to report. For that reason it has to be changed.

Adding a mask ID above player's head would be a good start, but I think making any mask permament and establishing specific windows for when it can be used (like examples mentioned before - inside the vehicle and with apropiate clothing items or skins that creatively conceal player's identity) would solve the problem entirely.

Duco
A Tradition of Service

Post by Duco » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Masks should stay the same in my opinion, with the only change being a nametag over the player's head, the only disadvantage it gives will be for rulebreakers trying to hide their identity, which in this case isn't possible anymore. As for the clothing item, I simply disagree as masks are used (and even defined as by Mmartin) in an OOC manner. If we make this IC it would cause players to think that if you aren't masked that they can identify you even if you have clothing items without a mask because you're not a donator, faction member or want to afford $5,000 every time you login.
ZACHARY BLAKE

"Don't judge my choices without understanding my reasons."

Kraker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Kraker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm

It would be a nice little feature about requiring a clothing item to be able to /mask(bandanna, face mask, etc), that would make more sense. With that being said, a lot of people abuse the /mask feature and the MASK ID should be displayed above the players head and the MASK ID should be shorter rather than having some random numbers for easier way to /re or forum report people that are masked.

Return to “Old Suggestions”