Dynamic Age System ( DAS )

The old suggestion board. Can be used to cross-reference your posts (read the header).

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

LazyCoder
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: P

Dynamic Age System ( DAS )

Post by LazyCoder » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:50 pm

We would like to see a new Dynamic Age System ( DAS ), which can be required for all the players [ Old - New ].
We notice IG that many players keep changing their age from time to time for different reasons, like when they want to go to club they /do Age 30. Or when a cop stop by to control and ask them for their age, they simply tell a random age +18 just to seem adult, and many ages doesn't match the first age a player mentioned in the application. I would recommand setting a new field in the UCP account for the player to fill in along with the application, and for the players that are already IG, i would recommand a new command, and this command should be available just once for each player, so that the player cannot change it, and once the player send the command, the age should be implemented in /licenses to give the police the ability to know the right age, and also for the clubs to keep it realistic and not abusing the age.

The age can work dynamically like this :

Player_Name has 20 y/o.
Once Player_Name reach i.e. 30 Hours Time Played, his age will be increased +1 which is 21. This is just an example of the process and how it can work.

Command ==> /setage [ Age ]
" Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. " Colin Powell
" There's Always Gonna Be Another Mission. "
" God is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy. "
" The amount of money that is in your bank at the time of your death is the extra work you did which wasn't necessary. "
" "America's not a country. It's just a business. Now fuckin' pay me. "
" Clarity Is Seeing Things In Blur. "

Programm
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Harold_Montgomery

Re: Dynamic Age System ( DAS )

Post by Programm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Patrek_Gingo wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:50 pm
We would like to see a new Dynamic Age System ( DAS ), which can be required for all the players [ Old - New ].
We notice IG that many players keep changing their age from time to time for different reasons, like when they want to go to club they /do Age 30. Or when a cop stop by to control and ask them for their age, they simply tell a random age +18 just to seem adult, and many ages doesn't match the first age a player mentioned in the application. I would recommand setting a new field in the UCP account for the player to fill in along with the application, and for the players that are already IG, i would recommand a new command, and this command should be available just once for each player, so that the player cannot change it, and once the player send the command, the age should be implemented in /licenses to give the police the ability to know the right age, and also for the clubs to keep it realistic and not abusing the age.

The age can work dynamically like this :

Player_Name has 20 y/o.
Once Player_Name reach i.e. 30 Hours Time Played, his age will be increased +1 which is 21. This is just an example of the process and how it can work.

Command ==> /setage [ Age ]
It's a pretty nice suggestion but I don't really like the idea of aging so quickly, here's why, 1 year = 30 hours IG played, there are players that even have 1000 hours played because every game (Almost) has to have an extremely active member, and I, and I don't play it like crazy I even have 350 hours, the player will get to a point where he could even die. Realistically speaking, if there's a 40 year old man IG, someone's RP-es that and he played as that character for 1000 hours, He'll reach around 30+ years which is not pleasent because reaching 70-80 won't let you RP as much as you did when you we're..... "younger" and maybe he will even have to leave the character aka let him pass away because you can't RP having (EXAMPLE) 200 years.
My idea is, one year in three months it doesn't matter if you played or not, in three months so we won't have such a problem, and thinking again, in one year OOC you gain 4 years IC which looks fair enough.

キッスランド
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Queen Of Tokyo

Post by キッスランド » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Already suggested.
Accepted too.
Go check the approved suggestions section before posting.
I spoke to Devil at Miami and he said everything is gonna be alright

DadoJ
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Ingame name: John Carlston

Post by DadoJ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:20 pm

This was already approved. Click Here to view the details.

- Locked and Archived.

Return to “Old Suggestions”