So you've been hacked?

Server/script information: rules, feature documentation and connection information.

Moderators: In-Game Leads, Lead Admins

BigPandas

Re: So you've been hacked?

Post by BigPandas » Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 am

Nope, never. I'm using strong passwords and a two way authentication systems. :arrow:

Hardrperxd
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Michael Devontre

Post by Hardrperxd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 am

Devin Ryder hahahahahaha

driftking
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Antonio_Lucardi

Post by driftking » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Krisk is actually a genius, not afraid of having my account hacked to be honest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Karkar
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: John Jeong

Post by Karkar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

No, never.

Makaveli93
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Makaveli93 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Damian wrote:Bad Links / Downloads:
    This has been booming down there in the Hebrew forums. Bad links can contain keyloggers or fake places to login at. People these days are getting smarter and smarter. First bad links; if the site isn't http://ls-rp.com/ , the exact context, do not slide your account information into it!

Don't just randomly click sites either, a lot of retarded sites that like to steal information are usually long or has weird coding inside of the url.(Example &elfmf=emdd?eemd.idx etc etc) Be cautious before clicking!

Downloads. Trust both the USER and the SITE! In fact before downloading, get someone to upload the file to http://virusscan.jotti.org/en first. It checks the files for viruses so you don't even have to bother.

If I may add my two cents to this.

I'd advise using https://www.virustotal.com/. On certain "blackhat" forums, this site is avoided like plague. VirusTotal is known for sharing it's scan samples with the AntiVirus companies. So even if the, let's say "hacker", managed to make it's download FUD (Fully Undetectable by AVs), their file would be distributed with the AV companies and it won't be FUD for long (think of it as getting rid of two flies at once).

Also, if the file you are downloading is suspicious or it's source is not trustworthy, run it with SandBoxie. It's a controlled environment and even if the file is malicious, it won't harm your computer nor your data (I'm not sure but I heard there are some ways for the hackers to bypass this security measure, but I don't know if it's true nor I ever seen someone using such measure).

You can get SandBoxie from

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Also a good tip is to run a scheduled system scan and maintenance on a weekly basis. Just leave your PC running through the night and set it to scan your whole PC. A wise thing to do as well would be to run some maintenance tool to keep your OS and the data healthy.

Hope it'll help out someone in the future :)

CAZEY
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Andres Esparza

Post by CAZEY » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Haha, I only just saw this. I find it hilarious people think they can get away with this shit when time and time again they're TOLD that EVERY SINGLE THING is logged.
Retired - Senior Forum Moderator

Thundo
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Thundo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 pm

You know, I'm sure people are gonna say I'm a moron or something, but since my return to ls-rp, my account was actually hacked( idk if they stole anything from my acc in ls-rp). They got my email password, and then stole all my stuff. I'm thinking that a young and stupid family member of my own exploited my password, because he was jealous :D. He's done it before.

Coradelaide
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Phillip Wenneck

Post by Coradelaide » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:14 pm

People should try to understand the way the system works before claiming that they have been hacked.

beast42O
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Angel_Asunas

Post by beast42O » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:09 am

I'd keep notes of these guidelines before anything! These will come in such of a hand one day.

Stallin'
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CaptainBanjoko

Post by Stallin' » Fri May 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Them logs, what a monumental bellend.

Double checking my security now though.
Spoiler: show

RedEye

Post by RedEye » Sun May 11, 2014 10:15 am

Nowadays people trend to hacking. I have no idea why they are doing this? :?:

beltbuckleMM
Mafia
Mafia

Post by beltbuckleMM » Sat May 24, 2014 5:59 am

Jordan wrote:I never give my password out to anyone, and never will.

Usually that isn't the case. Say if you register to a different server with the same password you used from LS-RP, they can easily take your account. Even connecting to some koobface websites allows the website owner to temporarily take over your computer, this rarely happens, but still does happen, and often there is serious e-damage.
Jim Tedesco - Matthew Mathis - Melisande Ketslov - Roman Holowitz

BritishSombrero

Post by BritishSombrero » Sat May 24, 2014 5:12 pm

What a shame.
no

Garnet
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Garnet » Tue May 27, 2014 3:04 am

RedEye wrote:Nowadays people trend to hacking. I have no idea why they are doing this? :?:

To gain profit and fun duh..
Some people are too lazy to earn money and they seek an alternative way to earn a lot of money using the easiest way possible, so they started to hack accounts.
I have experienced similar problem though..was playing in an A/D server and I got busty stats, before a noob hacked it and transferred the stats to his account (there was command to transfer stats to another account in that server).
Well I can't find another motives why people trying to take your game account that is actually priceless, and I think it is very stupid to know that people do put effort to do it.
Folland Garnet

Algebra
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Algebra » Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't see the point of transferring goods from the hacked account to the hacker's account, as everything is logged. I think they do it to annoy the victim(s).

Return to “Server Information”