Criminal Record when NameChanging to the same character.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Aria_Hastings

Criminal Record when NameChanging to the same character.

Post by Nessa » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm

UCP SUGGESTION - Criminal Record
Category (Profile / Code / Design / General): Code/General
Priority (Low / Medium / High): Text
Short description: As it is, every person that namechanges has a clean slate and his/her Criminal Record is removed. However there are instances where a person changes just the last name but is still the same character IC. In this case, their criminal record is also deleted and I find that a tad unrealistic. Perhaps there could be a checkbox while name changing that could allow a character to choose between starting a new character or still be the same character as before.

CobraR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Richard_Cobra

Re: Criminal Record when NameChanging to the same character.

Post by CobraR » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:39 pm

The idea is good but the only thing that concerns me is that people will abuse it and It would be almost impossible to find them. I am still supporting it, however.

rockshock
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eastside kingpin

Post by rockshock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 pm

>Supporting it for the roleplay sake. Marriage is one of the things that this would benefit a lot from.
Andy "Snoops" Estevez

Dead. Shot down by SD officers at Verona beach highway after a chase.

Manny Correa

Highschool student / Cardinal Park Teen

Immortal
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Leo Venaducci

Post by Immortal » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm

As Cobra mentioned it, if you can avoid people abusing that function, it would be good to have this. Supporting.
Tester
News Team
SASD Sergeant Leo Venaducci - Supervisory Staff (ATU Director/RU Assistant Director/PAU Head of Public Relations/STU Traffic Officer)
LSFD Firefighter Frank Roward - In Retirement (Ex-SAN Reporter)
LSFM - DJ Ducky

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm

How would people abuse it exactly though? You mean like they would still choose a new character if it's in fact the same?

CobraR
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Richard_Cobra

Post by CobraR » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am

Richard Cobiro kills 50 deputies.
Richard Cobiro namechanges to Richard Cobra.
Richard Cobra joins SD.

Something like that, I'm sure everyone has some crazy ideas in his mind.

Threadstrong
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Threadstrong » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 am

CobraR wrote:Richard Cobiro kills 50 deputies.
Richard Cobiro namechanges to Richard Cobra.
Richard Cobra joins SD.

Something like that, I'm sure everyone has some crazy ideas in his mind.

But that's how it is now.

I think OP wants to give people who change their name for whatever reason the ability to still roleplay the same character. People can't really abuse it, persay, because it's the exact name changing system we have now, it just allows people to roleplay the exact same person, except with an altered name.

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am

Cobra, you did not understand me. I never said that the criminal record will be erased, on the contrary it will stay there. I'll provide an example;

Jane Stuart has a criminal record. Now she changes her name to Jane Doe because she got married. On the current system, her criminal record gets erased since it's a new name in the system.
What I am suggesting is that her criminal record does not get erased because that is not realistic.

Jenny
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jennifer_Crawford

Post by Jenny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 am

This would be something great to have only abuse I can see is that someone doesn't tick the box when just getting married or such so that they can get rid of there criminal record. But as everything in LSRP, you always get caught out and punishment could be given for if you roleplay the same character when NC the last name but don't tick the box maybe.
Always stand up tall and don't back down without a fight. However always remember that saying you're fed up of a fight and giving up on it doesn't make you weak - it makes you stronger for sticking by what you know is right.

Always show respect and remember that it's earned. You can't force it.

pablo
Game Administrator
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 pm

An alternative to this would be having two boxes, one being for forenames and one for surnames:

Jim_Bob NCing to

Tim_Bob = Same criminal record.

I understand this would cause hassle when trying to role-play a sibling of your previous character, but it would resolve the 'No ticking box' abuse if implemented.

Other then that, a pretty legit suggestion :)
ImageImageImage

Indefinite Affiliation
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Indefinite Affiliation » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm

The developers/testers will come up with some sort of a security function which would not allow players to abuse the system, therefore I'm fully supporting it.

Kyle_Stiff
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Kyle_Stiff » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 am

This would probably work, but it is a rare instance for someone to get married on LS-RP and even more rare for them to want to change their name. If you want to have your criminal record stick, you could probably contact an admin personally or something, or have an officer add the charges. If someone got CKed and changed their name completely, but kept their criminal record to try and trick the admins into believing that they were the same person (presumably a criminal), things would just get sticky.

Queen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Queen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Great idea but only thing is MANY people won't tick the box to keep their criminal record. A lot will just click new but still RP as the same person, abusing it.
this is a better signature.

Kee-Slim
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kee-Slim » Sat May 04, 2013 5:55 am

I think this is perfect, I have on at least 2 occasions, had my max amount of characters, so I name changed out of a few for a bit to pursue new RP opportunities but I never CKed them. So I came back one day on one of them, and found to my amazement after I was being arrested, that my record was clean. I stated in /do what all my record would really say, and explained my situation in /b. It'd really cut down on the confusion heavily.

Nessa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nessa » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Kee-Slim wrote:I think this is perfect, I have on at least 2 occasions, had my max amount of characters, so I name changed out of a few for a bit to pursue new RP opportunities but I never CKed them. So I came back one day on one of them, and found to my amazement after I was being arrested, that my record was clean. I stated in /do what all my record would really say, and explained my situation in /b. It'd really cut down on the confusion heavily.

Actually that should not happen. A criminal record is stored on one's name, so if you namechange back to the same exact name, it should be there.

Queen wrote:Great idea but only thing is MANY people won't tick the box to keep their criminal record. A lot will just click new but still RP as the same person, abusing it.

But then they are breaking the rule. If there is evidence of them having a record, they can be reported.

Return to “Trashed/Old Suggestions”