Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.
Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Lead Admins
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:34 pm
Running GTA:SA on 144hz
Many players play on a 144hz monitor but unfortunately when you launch GTA:SA, the game sets your monitor to 60hz by default even if your monitor setting is set at 144hz. This tutorial will cover how to play GTA:SA on 144hz, so you can enjoy the benefits of it.
Benefits of playing on a 144hz screen as far as I know is that you will have a faster response time.
Before following the guide make sure your monitor is running on 144hz. This guide will also work for players who intend to play on their monitors with more than 60hz. Just replace 144hz with your desired frequency as you follow this guide.
There are two ways we can run GTA:SA on 144hz which are:
- 1. Modifying enblocal.2. Playing on windowed mode.
The main difference between the two are that number one lets you play on full screen while number two doesn't let you.
1. Modifying enblocal:
2. Playing on windowed mode:
- 1. Access your GTA:SA directory and locate your enblocal file.
2. Add this to enblocal and make sure to save enblocal afterwards:
You can also change the refresh rate of your choice by changing the integer of DisplayRefreshRateHZ but ensure that your monitor supports it in case of jeopardy.
Published on behalf of my deepest gratitude,
- It's simple, just press these keys together: ALT SHIFT ENTER and you're on windowed mode.
You'll have to remain playing on windowed mode if you want to play on 144hz. If you go back to full screen mode, you won't be playing on 144hz as the game will set your monitor frequency to 60hz.
- Wannabe Don
- Posts: 1898
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 am
- Ingame name: Sean McKenna
- Location: Columbus, Ohio. United States.
10/10. 144hz is obligatory.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm
Or you can just start the game, (I don't use enb) and the game will start in 60hz.
You feel this instantly, then you alt+tab. Then get back ingame. 144hz
EDIT: THIS IS NOT WINDOWED, THIS IS 144hz FULLSCREEN.
Last edited by El Savage
on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Wannabe Don
- Posts: 3091
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:01 am
- Location: Boston MA
Nicely put together. Good work.
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:06 am
Thanks so much bro!
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 pm
- Ingame name: Find out IC
- Location: Rodeo
- Posts: 1469
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:35 pm
Modifying the ENBlocal & adding that did nothing. Still stuck on 60hz.
- Wannabe Don
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Could anyone here give me their enb file that has no settings other than just the forced refresh rate, thanks.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:34 am
Where can I found the enblocal file?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: pepsho32