Weapons and regular players

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Yes OR No

Yes
40%
Yes
40%
No
10%
No
10%

Total votes: 10

Meron
Ass Dropper
Ass Dropper

Weapons and regular players

Post by Meron » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:28 pm

As we all know, weapons are only accessible via known permits or via official factions who have access to weapon warehouses.

To make this extremely short and at point, I think it would be fair for regular players, unofficial factions and such to obtain small-time weaponry such as pistols, melee weapons (excluding the katana) and on very rare cases, shotguns. But, they may only do so if they get an admin's permission and supervision, along with doing the sensible roleplay (such as how they got the guns, did they craft them, did they smuggle them, etc).

This way, people can care less about regular players abusing weaponry or laying their fingers on heavy firearms. And that way, people can have a break from what they are currently experiencing.

I do understand that this was suggested before, but I'd like to get more attention on this said topic.

In before I get a bunch of cancerous replies such us ("duh nooo! u no get da gun unless u hab da connecsion wiff facshon!!") and ("No, would be abused by many and might raise the DM rate"), I have made it clear that this may only be made in rare cases and only under an administrator's supervision. And moreover, this suggestion was made clearly to help out those who are mainly either having a hard time finding weapons or are just bugging others each now and then.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Re: Weapons and regular players

Post by FlowN » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Well, I'm not saying no, but neither yes, because there would be some things to clarify and some possible problems.
• This would give admins a lot to worry about and they would get /re spammed with spectate requests for people to get weapons, instead of doing the important stuff.
• Crafting a gun requires knowledge and smuggling it requires connections. It would be pretty random to see a city of gun smugglers, or all people in a city to know how to "craft" a working pistol.
• If you are into guns and don't have any means you are new (because level 20+ players usually have their ranking within a faction, so they have weapons). This suggestion would only make it possible for newbies to get free weapons.
• Do you really think that someone would wait for an admin and do their best roleplay about getting a pistol for a CHANCE to get one? Instead of going to the PD forums, filling out a 5 min form, paying 10k and getting unlimited weapons, whenever they need them?

I think this will change nothing if implemented.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

Vizz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Vizz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 am

Meron
Ass Dropper
Ass Dropper

Post by Meron » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Straw purchases is one of the ways that bring guns around, but however it is not included in my suggestion. My suggestion includes similar methods that illegal factions follow such as smuggling if not more. Straw purchases are completely different since they are basically weapons purchases legally but then passed over to others unlawfully.

Return to “Weapons & Drugs Suggestions”