Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Misfit
Certified Freak
Certified Freak

Re: General decline in roleplay

Post by Misfit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Allison Hall wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:55 pm
I don't think quality has declined that much over all, but there are some who repeatedly misbehave because they know they can get by with it.
It's what happens when admins kick people for acting out rather than jailing or banning them. I've seen more and more admins just kicking people for what would've been a hefty jail sentence before.
I agree with this. Also, rules hasn't been updated for a long time and I feel like players just started finding different loop holes and different ways to avoid the punishment, they just learned the rule and they are walking on the edge knowing they won't get punished but at the same time their actions are annoying other players and sometimes seem unfair.

Matthew_Pilonte
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: General decline in roleplay

Post by Matthew_Pilonte » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Fitzy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 am
I've been playing here on and off since 2008. I can confidently say that the quality of roleplay is miles ahead of where it was when I first started here, and I've also been very impressed with what I've seen so far since returning recently.

It's funny because every single year I've seen at least one (and probably many more) of these threads popping up, bemoaning that things just aren't what they used to be. Each generation of players seems to have a certain sense of nostalgia for an earlier time, but often times they are looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses. I guess that's just human nature.
Nostalgia is inherent everywhere, just like with hiphop and music in general. The golden days where everything was "pure"
Alhamdulillah for everything.

Return to “General Discussions”