FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Locked
User avatar
Noelle
Protect and Serve
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: Your heart.

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Noelle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Airforce! wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 pm
- Ability to create fan pages, and adding likes system to the fan pages. Just like facebook, it should show how many people follow or like that specific fan page.

- Ability to follow someone without having to had him or her.

- Emojis in both posts & IM's. Not Skype's, customs!

- Marketplace for people to sell their stuff on, just like Facebook, since Faceinvader would be more visited than the Classifieds section. Illegal stuff are to be cleaned off of course.

- Group chats & actual groups system.

- Letting normal players be moderators. Moderators have to apply and show that they have experience and competence to take on such a role. The recruitment process must be excessive to ensure quality moderation by the chosen moderator. They have to be completely free for the website and also trustworthy. Their characters must not also be some cop, gangbanger, or etc, as Faceinvader would be a huge INC. realistically.

- Events coordinator. This plugin allows people to share their events: Marriage, night club / bar opening, parties, etcetera.

- Strict rules to clean the website from trolls, constant moderation, and making sure Metagaming is not incited as it has been in the previous.

- Easy design to use: not too complicated, and also not bad looking.

- Maybe have faceclaim restrictions, so it doesn't go out of hands? Disallow those who use quite a famous faceclaim: JLO, Kylie Jenner, etc. Or disallow the usage of quite modellish face claims without a background, so that we can have extreme realism and coherence on the website and let it be a successful project this time.
What he said. Also, the faceclaim-restrictions idea should be heavily enforced by the moderators. Same thing applies for trollers and/or Metaganers. Trolls and Models were undeniably the reason that made me take off from that site. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you'd need to actually apply via the forums in order to RP a model and use a respective faceclaim on FI. This server is based on bureucracy after all.
Image
'Meow'

User avatar
Airforce!
Protect and Serve
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:59 pm
Location: Egypt

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Airforce! » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm

LeHaze wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm
Airforce! wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 pm
- Ability to create fan pages, and adding likes system to the fan pages. Just like facebook, it should show how many people follow or like that specific fan page.

- Ability to follow someone without having to had him or her.

- Emojis in both posts & IM's. Not Skype's, customs!

- Marketplace for people to sell their stuff on, just like Facebook, since Faceinvader would be more visited than the Classifieds section. Illegal stuff are to be cleaned off of course.

- Group chats & actual groups system.

- Letting normal players be moderators. Moderators have to apply and show that they have experience and competence to take on such a role. The recruitment process must be excessive to ensure quality moderation by the chosen moderator. They have to be completely free for the website and also trustworthy. Their characters must not also be some cop, gangbanger, or etc, as Faceinvader would be a huge INC. realistically.

- Events coordinator. This plugin allows people to share their events: Marriage, night club / bar opening, parties, etcetera.

- Strict rules to clean the website from trolls, constant moderation, and making sure Metagaming is not incited as it has been in the previous.

- Easy design to use: not too complicated, and also not bad looking.

- Maybe have faceclaim restrictions, so it doesn't go out of hands? Disallow those who use quite a famous faceclaim: JLO, Kylie Jenner, etc. Or disallow the usage of quite modellish face claims without a background, so that we can have extreme realism and coherence on the website and let it be a successful project this time.
What he said. Also, the faceclaim-restrictions idea should be heavily enforced by the moderators. Same thing applies for trollers and/or Metaganers. Trolls and Models were undeniably the reason that made me take off from that site. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you'd need to actually apply via the forums in order to RP a model and use a respective faceclaim on FI. This server is based on bureucracy after all.

Problem is, if we actually restrict faceclaims, a lot of people might not use the website and we want active RP on it.

Police Officer II (LSPD) Kimberly Sullivan
Traffic Enforcement Officer
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

User avatar
Misfit
Certified Freak
Certified Freak
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Misfit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm

I don't see why people have issues with faceclaims, what's wrong if some players want to role-play a model and put a model looking faceclaim? I just don't get what's wrong with it. Or even when players use celebrity pictures as their faceclaim, I don't see any issues with that either, they are not actually RP being that celebrity, they just use it to show what their character looks like.

User avatar
Airforce!
Protect and Serve
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:59 pm
Location: Egypt

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Airforce! » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm
I don't see why people have issues with faceclaims, what's wrong if some players want to role-play a model and put a model looking faceclaim? I just don't get what's wrong with it. Or even when players use celebrity pictures as their faceclaim, I don't see any issues with that either, they are not actually RP being that celebrity, they just use it to show what their character looks like.
Anyone is permitted to use whatever FC they want, just not stupid ones. I saw a lot of people actually using A-List celebs, and very known models, which was breaking the immersion to be honest. Anyone can roleplay good looking or bad looking, it is up to him or her. Just not very known models who have a millions of followers on Instagram.

Police Officer II (LSPD) Kimberly Sullivan
Traffic Enforcement Officer
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

User avatar
Solos
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 am
Ingame name: Clifford Dunaway
Location: Israel

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Solos » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm
I don't see why people have issues with faceclaims, what's wrong if some players want to role-play a model and put a model looking faceclaim? I just don't get what's wrong with it. Or even when players use celebrity pictures as their faceclaim, I don't see any issues with that either, they are not actually RP being that celebrity, they just use it to show what their character looks like.
Because it breaks immersion speaking to a girl that looks identical like Rihanna or Madonna or a guy that looks exactly like Leonardo DiCaprio, since those overly famous people should exist in the IC universe, that breaks immersion completely.
I think there's no problem with taking face claims of people that look "modellish" because honestly? That's what social media is nowadays, every girl posts pictures of her ass and ours "Instagram model/influencer" in her bio, every second girl posts very revealing pictures and every second guy works out and posts pics of his abs and claims to be a personal trainer, honestly, I haven't seen anything on FI that I haven't seen on Instagram despite the claims that people made it too sexual, that's social media nowadays, especially in Los Santos it's logical that it'll be like that, after all it's a city based on LA, the most superficial place in the world where every guy is a wannabe actor and every girl is a wannabe super model, it's very realistic. Was it a bit exaggerated? PErhaps, but so are everyone else in LSRP, the cops are all heroes, the gangsters are all super gangsta fearless thugs out of a rap song, the italian mobsters are all straight out of the sorpanos, so I think FI and it's face claims was very realistic compared to the rest of LSRP.
I think the only regulation about face claims should be no A list superstars.
I was rather active on Tracebook and both versions of Faceinvader and I had a rule l for myself, no face claims with over 900k followers, now I'm not saying there should be moderators who check up every face claim's followers count, that was just a way for me to regulate myself and keep myself RPing a character I felt comfortable RPing, but in general, I think simply no super famous people should work as a regulation.
Current Character:
Javier Mejia- Former 28th Street Ghetto Boys member, former Lost Demons MC prospect. Current lone wolf biker.

User avatar
St3fan[NL]
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm
Ingame name: Matthew Dawson
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by St3fan[NL] » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

FaceInvader.net is now online with it's old site. BACKUP your photo's from your album's or anything dear to you!
───────────────────────────────────
Image
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Contact Me
My Youtube Channel
About Me (thread)
Private Message
Discord: St3fan[NL]#3861

User avatar
St3fan[NL]
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm
Ingame name: Matthew Dawson
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by St3fan[NL] » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm

An update on the Faceclaim discussion. A verdict has been made along with LSRP management.

Faceclaims are going to be treated as the LSRP account rule - 5. Illegal Names.
LSRP Rules wrote:You are not allowed to have celebrity names (i.e. easily recognizable in society) on your characters. The same goes for unrealistic names, gag names (e.g. Mike_Hunt, Ben_Dover, Al_Coholic, etc) and fun names that do exist in real life, but can still be considered trollish, like Gaylord.
Meaning you will not be allowed to have a celebrity or anyone easily recognizable in society as your faceclaim. (Examples: Artists, Presidents, and so on).
───────────────────────────────────
Image
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Contact Me
My Youtube Channel
About Me (thread)
Private Message
Discord: St3fan[NL]#3861

Eleanor K
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Eleanor K » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm

St3fan[NL] wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm
An update on the Faceclaim discussion. A verdict has been made along with LSRP management.

Faceclaims are going to be treated as the LSRP account rule - 5. Illegal Names.
LSRP Rules wrote:You are not allowed to have celebrity names (i.e. easily recognizable in society) on your characters. The same goes for unrealistic names, gag names (e.g. Mike_Hunt, Ben_Dover, Al_Coholic, etc) and fun names that do exist in real life, but can still be considered trollish, like Gaylord.
Meaning you will not be allowed to have a celebrity or anyone easily recognizable in society as your faceclaim. (Examples: Artists, Presidents, and so on).
To what extent? All three of my faceclaims for my characters are instagram models, they're somewhat more famous now then when I had first picked them, and ive been using all three more than a year, one of them for multiple years. They've become core to my characters. Can we have a clarification on this people, because it screws over a lot of people who have characters like mine where we've found a faceclaim and stuck to it unlike so many people that keey changing it.

Allison Hall
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 am

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Allison Hall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Eleanor K wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm
St3fan[NL] wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm
An update on the Faceclaim discussion. A verdict has been made along with LSRP management.

Faceclaims are going to be treated as the LSRP account rule - 5. Illegal Names.
LSRP Rules wrote:You are not allowed to have celebrity names (i.e. easily recognizable in society) on your characters. The same goes for unrealistic names, gag names (e.g. Mike_Hunt, Ben_Dover, Al_Coholic, etc) and fun names that do exist in real life, but can still be considered trollish, like Gaylord.
Meaning you will not be allowed to have a celebrity or anyone easily recognizable in society as your faceclaim. (Examples: Artists, Presidents, and so on).
To what extent? All three of my faceclaims for my characters are instagram models, they're somewhat more famous now then when I had first picked them, and ive been using all three more than a year, one of them for multiple years. They've become core to my characters. Can we have a clarification on this people, because it screws over a lot of people who have characters like mine where we've found a faceclaim and stuck to it unlike so many people that keey changing it.
Instagram models aren't celebrities. Mila Kunis is a celebrity. Michael Jackson is a celebrity. As long as people use common sense it's fine. If not, that's what the moderators are for. Don't fret. It's not important. Don't make this such a huge issue that the admins shut down the project because you all can't agree on something tiny.

User avatar
St3fan[NL]
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm
Ingame name: Matthew Dawson
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by St3fan[NL] » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 pm

Allison Hall wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 pm
Eleanor K wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm
St3fan[NL] wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm
An update on the Faceclaim discussion. A verdict has been made along with LSRP management.

Faceclaims are going to be treated as the LSRP account rule - 5. Illegal Names.


Meaning you will not be allowed to have a celebrity or anyone easily recognizable in society as your faceclaim. (Examples: Artists, Presidents, and so on).
To what extent? All three of my faceclaims for my characters are instagram models, they're somewhat more famous now then when I had first picked them, and ive been using all three more than a year, one of them for multiple years. They've become core to my characters. Can we have a clarification on this people, because it screws over a lot of people who have characters like mine where we've found a faceclaim and stuck to it unlike so many people that keey changing it.
Instagram models aren't celebrities. Mila Kunis is a celebrity. Michael Jackson is a celebrity. As long as people use common sense it's fine. If not, that's what the moderators are for. Don't fret. It's not important. Don't make this such a huge issue that the admins shut down the project because you all can't agree on something tiny.
This yea.
───────────────────────────────────
Image
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Contact Me
My Youtube Channel
About Me (thread)
Private Message
Discord: St3fan[NL]#3861

User avatar
pablo
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 4248
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 pm
Ingame name: kraus

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by pablo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm

As Allison has suggested, this will barely effect anyone as maybe only a few people used a 'celebrity' figure. We do not consider "instagram models" as A list mainstream celebrities, so you will not be effected.

Eleanor K
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Eleanor K » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 pm

pablo wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm
As Allison has suggested, this will barely effect anyone as maybe only a few people used a 'celebrity' figure. We do not consider "instagram models" as A list mainstream celebrities, so you will not be effected.
okay good, ty for the clarification

WarnerNaite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:37 pm
Ingame name: WarnerNaite
Location: Panama
Contact:

FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by WarnerNaite » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 am

Has anyone ever been banned for sharing feedback privately through correct channels to the sim admins?

User avatar
KashØut
DREAMCHASER
DREAMCHASER
Posts: 3033
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 am
Location: キッスランド

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by KashØut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 am

can u make it like we can make gifs our profile pictures/post gifs or is that too complicated
if it aint XO then it gotta go

User avatar
Airforce!
Protect and Serve
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:59 pm
Location: Egypt

Re: FaceInvader suggestions/feedback

Post by Airforce! » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 am

KashØut wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 am
can u make it like we can make gifs our profile pictures/post gifs or is that too complicated
yes this too, please

Police Officer II (LSPD) Kimberly Sullivan
Traffic Enforcement Officer
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Locked

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Averdition, thekillergreece