Guns disappearing with SAMP Addon

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Player Support Mods, Junior Developers, Lead Admins

josef
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Guns disappearing with SAMP Addon

Post by josef » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 pm

I just installed SAMP addon and all of a sudden, any weapons I (or any player) hold disappear. This only seems to be happening on ls-rp which makes me think it could be to do with the in-game time or something like that. It's definitely SAMP addon that is causing it because when I uninstall it I don't have the problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue before, or have any suggestions?

Codsworth
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: george_stevens

Re: Guns disappearing with SAMP Addon

Post by Codsworth » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm

This is a collision issue between SAMPAddon and SilentPatch (i.e: removing one will fix this). Assuming you're using a recent enough version of SAMPAddon, create a "disablewindow.txt" file (just put a 1 inside) within the game directory. This will disable adjustments made to weapons and windows (which are not allowed on LS-RP regardless).

josef
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by josef » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Codsworth wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm
This is a collision issue between SAMPAddon and SilentPatch (i.e: removing one will fix this). Assuming you're using a recent enough version of SAMPAddon, create a "disablewindow.txt" file (just put a 1 inside) within the game directory. This will disable adjustments made to weapons and windows (which are not allowed on LS-RP regardless).
if i do the "disablewindow.txt" malarkey, do i still need to remove silentpatch?

josef
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by josef » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Codsworth's fix worked brilliantly. For those who encounter this problem in the future, it's due to a conflict between Samp Addon and SilentPatch. The solution is to create a txt file named 'disablewindow.txt' (without the quotes) with just the number '1' inside the document (again without the quotes) in your root gta_sa directory.

This worked for me, thank you once again to Codsworth for the fix.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”